Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

February 13th, 2020 22:00

Dell XPS 9360 - WHEA uncorrectable error 0%

Hi

I have a dell XPS 9360. i7-8550U@1.8Ghz, 2.00 Ghz, 16GB RAM, Windows 10.  

In the last few weeks I have begun getting 2-3 BSOD's per day, always the same. WHEA Uncorrectable error, no error code, and it stays at 0% forever. When I log back into windows there is no error dump created. I have installed no new hardware or software in this time.

I ran the dell diagnostic tool, it passed everything but it said the battery health was very low. So I have had this replaced with a new one... and I still get the same issue.

I am have updated windows to all the latest updates, used the dell update software to update all drivers to the latest, and also have the latest bios. Yet the error still happens.

Does anyone know a way I can diagnose this problem?

Many many thanks

2 Posts

December 29th, 2020 16:00

In my case it was the intel graphics driver causing the BSOD and constant freezing. Under device manager > display adapter > make sure it's version 27.20.100.9079. After I updated it to this version and disabled all the options under power on intel graphics command center > system > power. After doing this I've had ZERO problems with my laptop.

9 Posts

June 30th, 2022 11:00

jratico. Thank you. I was about to give up on my XPS. Your suggestion was what finally, after several OS installs and driver installs, got my laptop stable again. I can even now play videogames without and insured blue screen.

To anybody else having this issue with a Intel Iris 540. It is PARAMOUNT that you disable the all the power options under the intel grahphics command center. Downgrading the driver will not cut it. You must disable Panel Self Refresh and Extended Battery Life for Gaming..

September 12th, 2022 03:00

Thanks iratico! I never would have found that in a million years. Seems to have done the trick stopping the WHEA uncorrectable error BSOD multiple times a day.

No Events found!