Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

4 Posts

May 30th, 2020 10:00

Dell XPS Banding Broken Calibration

Hello!

I would like to start this thread to organize all of the users affected by this issue and point out it to @DELL-Cares.

Everyone using XPS with a UHD screen (whether it's previous Sharp IGZO panel or newer OLED) knows the problem. After one of the updates of Intel graphics screen calibration is broken and results in uncalibrated color response and severe banding and posterization. There is no practically feasible resolution to this problem, especially given the fact that for most users an XPS laptop is a daily driver in work with visual mediums.

For XPS 9550 the last good Intel driver has a number 21.20.16.4664 A10 and was released on the 6th of July in 2017. Every driver (4 in total) released after that one breaks calibration and causes banding.

Maybe if everyone points out the last correctly working driver along with the model of the laptop it will make this issue easier to resolve?

3 Posts

September 3rd, 2020 11:00

Hello @cinnyboy 

Any joy with this? I have the same issue with an XPS 9570 (NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1050T i 4GB GDDR5).

Do you know if that older driver can be installed now to get rid of the banding?

Cheers,

Seoirse

4 Posts

September 4th, 2020 01:00

Hello @ShorSha No joy, unfortunately. Lately, there was another driver, that worked kind of better but it blocked color profile switching in Dell Premiere Color. It looks like there is awareness of the problem, but a good recent Intel driver is still far away from us. For XPS 9550 the last one usable has a A10 suffix, it is from July 2017 so for 9570 maybe the first drivers when this model hit the shelves will work better? Hope this helps. Cheers, Radek
No Events found!