Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

6 Posts

June 23rd, 2020 11:00

Dell motherboard without speaker connection

I recently had to get my motherboard replaced on my Dell XPS 15 9560. When I got it back, my tech told me, oddly, the motherboard he got didn't have a connection for the speakers. I opened it up and sure enough, where there should be a place to plug the speakers into the motherboard there's a small screw instead of the port. Any idea what's going on here? Is there anyway to connect the built in speakers like this?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 23rd, 2020 11:00

At this point, I would question whether it is the proper motherboard after all.

If you are sure it is ... my guess (you provided no pics)

- on this revision of the motherboard, that connector is in a new place.

- the last technician broke the connector off the MB

6 Posts

July 3rd, 2020 02:00

Sorry, not used to this forum yet. Just noticed this response.

hmmm, yeah I'm sort of wondering if you might be right. He just broke it off...

If I get around to it I'll take some photos today.

2 Posts

February 2nd, 2023 04:00

I just received a replacement motherboard from Dell for the XPS 15 9570. I have the same issue. In the corner of my old board there is a small extension that takes the speaker cable. On the replacement board, there is no such extension and therefore no place to plug in the speakers. It definitely isn't broken off. Other than that difference the boards are identical.  Waiting for a response from Dell.

2 Posts

February 2nd, 2023 04:00

Aaah, the speaker connection is on a small daughter board screwed to the back of the motherboard. You need to remove the daughter board from the old motherboard and reuse it on the new motherboard.

No Events found!