Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 22nd, 2018 03:00

XPS 13 9343, update BIOS from A13 to A14

I can't update BIOS. I have A13 now. I used install BIOS in windows 10 and BIOS update menu. After progress bar in Windows 10 i have reboot just without progress bar of install BIOS. If I use BIOS menu update I has just reboot also. I have 100% battery and connect to changer.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 22nd, 2018 10:00

According to your Dell Product Support page , Dell doesn't list BIOS A14 anymore. I suspect Dell took A14 off because of a problem with it, therefore I'd strongly suggest you don't install BIOS A14 for I fear you might brick the computer. Please view BIOS in link below .

Support for XPS 13 9343 | Drivers & downloads | Dell US

EDIT:

We’ll (Dell)check for outdated, corrupt, and missing drivers, and recommend which drivers you should download and install to keep your PC working properly. 

January 23rd, 2018 01:00

@LSUFAN51 wrote:

According to your Dell Product Support page , Dell doesn't list BIOS A14 anymore. I suspect Dell took A14 off because of a problem with it, therefore I'd strongly suggest you don't install BIOS A14 for I fear you might brick the computer. Please view BIOS in link below .

Ok i cant see it now. But i can not install BIOS A12 too. It is error in my laptop or not?

When will there be the update BIOS?

G
M
T

Определить языкАзербайджанскийАлбанскийАнглийскийАрабскийАрмянскийАфрикаансБаскскийБелорусскийБенгальскийБирманскийБолгарскийБоснийскийВаллийскийВенгерскийВьетнамскийГалисийскийГреческийГрузинскийГуджаратиДатскийЗулуИвритИгбоИдишИндонезийскийИрландскийИсландскийИспанскийИтальянскийЙорубаКазахскийКаннадаКаталанскийКитайский (Упр)Китайский (Трад)КорейскийКреольский (Гаити)КхмерскийЛаосскийЛатинскийЛатышскийЛитовскийМакедонскийМалагасийскийМалайскийМалайяламМальтийскийМаориМаратхиМонгольскийНемецкийНепалиНидерландскийНорвежскийПанджабиПерсидскийПольскийПортугальскийРумынскийРусскийСебуанскийСербскийСесотоСингальскийСловацкийСловенскийСомалиСуахилиСуданскийТагальскийТаджикскийТайскийТамильскийТелугуТурецкийУзбекскийУкраинскийУрдуФинскийФранцузскийХаусаХиндиХмонгХорватскийЧеваЧешскийШведскийЭсперантоЭстонскийЯванскийЯпонский   АзербайджанскийАлбанскийАнглийскийАрабскийАрмянскийАфрикаансБаскскийБелорусскийБенгальскийБирманскийБолгарскийБоснийскийВаллийскийВенгерскийВьетнамскийГалисийскийГреческийГрузинскийГуджаратиДатскийЗулуИвритИгбоИдишИндонезийскийИрландскийИсландскийИспанскийИтальянскийЙорубаКазахскийКаннадаКаталанскийКитайский (Упр)Китайский (Трад)КорейскийКреольский (Гаити)КхмерскийЛаосскийЛатинскийЛатышскийЛитовскийМакедонскийМалагасийскийМалайскийМалайяламМальтийскийМаориМаратхиМонгольскийНемецкийНепалиНидерландскийНорвежскийПанджабиПерсидскийПольскийПортугальскийРумынскийРусскийСебуанскийСербскийСесотоСингальскийСловацкийСловенскийСомалиСуахилиСуданскийТагальскийТаджикскийТайскийТамильскийТелугуТурецкийУзбекскийУкраинскийУрдуФинскийФранцузскийХаусаХиндиХмонгХорватскийЧеваЧешскийШведскийЭсперантоЭстонскийЯванскийЯпонский          

Звуковая функция ограничена 200 символами

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 24th, 2018 08:00

Dell deactivated BIOS version (A14) from your Dell Product Support page because of side-channel analysis vulnerabilities (also known as Meltdown and Spectre), affecting many modern microprocessors.The system will receive patched firmware via Dell BIOS release (BIOS Update) which will be made available soon. Dell will be working with Intel on new BIOS updates and will update customers 

You click on link below for addition information. 

Microprocessor Side-Channel Vulnerabilities (CVE-2017-5715 ...

Unfortunate Dell doesn't list BIOS version 12 or any older version on your Dell product support page. If you tried to google BIOS version12 or run it from a Dell driver tool, you probably get a message below:

The file you are attempting to download is no longer available, and may have been updated or replaced with a newer version. Please visit the Drivers and Download page and try your search again.

January 24th, 2018 10:00

@LSUFAN51 wrote:

Dell deactivated BIOS version (A14) from your Dell Product Support page because of side-channel analysis vulnerabilities (also known as Meltdown and Spectre), affecting many modern microprocessors.The system will receive patched firmware via Dell BIOS release (BIOS Update) which will be made available soon. Dell will be working with Intel on new BIOS updates and will update customers 

You click on link below for addition information. 

Microprocessor Side-Channel Vulnerabilities (CVE-2017-5715 ...

Unfortunate Dell doesn't list BIOS version 12 or any older version on your Dell product support page. If you tried to google BIOS version12 or run it from a Dell driver tool, you probably get a message below:

The file you are attempting to download is no longer available, and may have been updated or replaced with a newer version. Please visit the Drivers and Download page and try your search again.

I downloaded A12 BIOS from website dell.com when it was into the web site. I was see older version.

January 28th, 2018 23:00

I can not install latest BIOS (A13) from dell site also.

I can not understand the problem.

February 24th, 2018 09:00

I can not to update to A15 too. The problem is repeat.

February 24th, 2018 10:00

Yes, ofcouse. I can not update to A15 bios from bios flash update utility too. It looks like ok first time but before reboot i can not see progress bar like the video:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWFCZzxoZAc

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 24th, 2018 10:00

You manually downloaded BIOS file from your Dell Product Support page- XPS 9343), save and then run file as administrator ? If no, enter the service tag number (or use Detect Product) onto the link below. 

Support | Dell US

February 24th, 2018 11:00

I downloaded this file from an other PC. And it not work too. i start it from an USB flash from BIOS flash update into BIOS. It not work.

I CAN NOT SEE THIS SCREEN!! My laptop just reboot. Normal reboot without install screen BIOS install like the video! I can see some error! JUST REBOOT!

I do like this video

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how+to+update+bios+official+tech+dell&docid=608028175625094462&mid=8D5D1C70055CFB021C568D5D1C70055CFB021C56&view=detail&FORM=VIREHT 

It not work to me!

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

In the video, it appears the Intel Management Engine firmware(Chipset) isn't downloading, therefore causing the BIOS update to not be installed. Please do not use Dell Support Assist or any other Dell utility to install the BIOS file. You must manually download and install the latest BIOS file from your Dell Product Support page. Please watch Dell video in the link below:

How to Update BIOS (Official Dell Tech Support):

https://youtu.be/oQAo5mTjuEY

February 25th, 2018 00:00

*I don't see any errors. Just standart reboot.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 25th, 2018 08:00

:BigSmile:

Please check out the information in the link below, hopefully it will be a help to you.

How to Update Your System BIOS Using a USB Flash Drive

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 25th, 2018 08:00

@useradmin000 wrote:

I downloaded this file from an other PC. And it not work too. i start it from an USB flash from BIOS flash update into BIOS. It not work.

If I am reading you correctly, you're trying to install the BIOS file from a USB flash drive ? If yes, why do you feel the need to update the BIOS? You are experiencing some type of hardware problem? I'm assuming you can't boot into windows and download / install the BIOS file from your Dell Product Support page, see link below):

February 26th, 2018 00:00

No Events found!