Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

2 Posts

December 28th, 2018 14:00

XPS 15-9570, many issues

Purchased XPS 15 9570 early Nov.  I read many of the reviews concerning many of the issues.  I bought anyway based on the "professional" reviews with many preferring the 9570 to the MBP 15.  Two months later, I'm being told to mail it in for tech repair.  I should have it back in about 2-3 weeks assuming the parts, if needed, aren't back ordered.  If you are like me and assume you are smarter than the reviews...buy a refurbished model because that's what you'll end up with anyway.  Better yet, wait for me to get mine back from Dell...it will be on eBay.  I was using an HP zBook 15 G4 but switched to the XPS for a lighter laptop.  Forget it.  The HP is rock solid and I should never have left her. The XPS 15 feels like an elite machine in your hands.  Construction seems solid.  Unfortunately, when it comes down to it for a laptop, it's the insides that count and the XPS insides are trash.

1 Message

March 9th, 2019 18:00

I found a potential on Reddit. This is by far the most expensive piece of literal garbage I've ever purchased. Hopefully it pans out.

1 Message

March 9th, 2019 21:00

I am in 100% agreement. The whole system runs slower than my 2014 Inspiron 17. I purchased direct through Dell and thought I was getting a premium piece of equipment and I have had nothing but despair since receiving it the end of September 2018. I have the Dell XPS 15-7570 Intel Core i7 (8th gen), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, HD 15.6" screen (non-touch)

1. Purchase it on the "sale page" and 3 days after my purchase the next sale drops the price down an extra $200.00.  Try and call and email Dell Customer Sales and Customer Service and nothing they can do as not a price match too bad.

2. Within the first week I get a Dell Blue Screen (or whatever color it was but stated DELL) and said my computer will not boot and I must refresh from scratch using their Dell Recovery System. Calls to Dell failed with no replies. So much for the 4 year Protection Plus plan.  Has happened 3 times now. Twice I called Dell Support and they supposedly MUST enter through Remote Access and make my computer so it no longer works thus I have to do a Fresh Install again. 3 Fresh Installs in less than 6 month and have Protection Plus yet no response when I request a Tech come out to look at the machine which is covered by my Protection Preferred Plus 5 year warrant plan.  They do not want to except they made that contract when I purchased the warranty.

3. 4th time the system had to get a Fresh Reinstall. Dell Update and other programs/applications keep popping up you have an update but click it an no update shows

4. Almost $2k, 00 on a machine that always feels like a fireball and thus cannot be used for any functional person. 

I can barely use the machine for more than 20 minutes when my left palm starts feeling like it is getting burned.  To the left of the mouse pad the heat does not dissipate the whole carbon fiber fingerprint magnet look heat up as if it could boil an egg. I had to go but an external wireless keyboard to place on top of this keyboards because typing became so painful.

1 Message

May 22nd, 2019 06:00

Could not agree more. I am so frustrated with this piece of trash.

No Events found!