Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

10 Posts

June 9th, 2020 04:00

Fake PW23Y battery for XPS 13 9360

Hi

I purchased what's claimed to be a genuine Dell replacement battery for my XPS 13 9360 from www.replacement-batteries.co.uk. I've attached photos of the old original (top) and new replacement (bottom). There are a few differences including the font, lack of QR code, and slightly different backing material. Unsure whether this is just that the cosmetic design has changed over the years or if I've been sent a fake. Is there any way of verifying?

Many thanks

20200609_114333.jpgBack. Top genuine, bottom suspect.Back. Top genuine, bottom suspect.Print detail of original battery.Print detail of original battery.QR of original battery.QR of original battery.Print detail of suspect battery.Print detail of suspect battery.

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

June 9th, 2020 04:00

Only they can tell you.  A quick perusal of their website revealed prices that just about guarantee they're not OEM batteries.

10 Posts

June 9th, 2020 06:00

I'm fairly sure that they won't admit it's fake. Especially as their website describes it as "Genuine DELL PW23Y Battery 8085mAh, 60Wh". Looking for hard evidence to support a clawback though. Will then set about finding a better source for an actual OEM battery...

10 Posts

June 10th, 2020 03:00

They're insisting the supplier sent a genuine battery.

Do genuine Dell batteries always have QR Code stickers? (It being missing is one of the things I'm suspicious about).

Is the laptop smart enough to detect a fake?

1 Message

July 30th, 2021 02:00

I know this is a late response.. but I had a repair shop repair my laptop as Dell refused to repair it because it is just over 5 years old. They recommended to replace the battery as well, which I accepted. The battery is not original Dell.. the system would not let the battery charge. So yes the system detects genuine Dell batteries and rejects anything else.. quite frustrating: the repair shop in Belgium (they have an excellent reputation!) cannot find genuine Dell battery, not even on Dell's site.. and the phone is not being answered.. one must fill in forms..

No Events found!