Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

2 Posts

June 28th, 2020 21:00

Fan loud, XPS and many other kinks

I recently purchased my new Dell XPS 7390 but was quite displeased with the kinks this device has, despite its price. 

The fan gets extremely loud when plugged in and when opening Dell Power Manager, it did give me the option to make it quieter, but make the machine way hotter to the touch, just while typing. 

The touch screen fails to work on countless occasions and I have given up on fingerprint recognition.

Lastly, I'm not sure if this is the design but my screen and the body do not match. Meaning, when closed, the screen drifts to the right, passing over the body of the laptop (I assume this was not deliberate). 

Overall, I am quite thrilled with the speed of the computer and the lightness of it. After going from a 10-year-old laptop to this top-rated powerhouse, I was overall happy. however, quite disappointed in other aspects.

• 

25.7K Posts

June 29th, 2020 08:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

• 

17K Posts

June 29th, 2020 08:00

Brit0_0,

Click here to update the bios on your system.  Also, go to settings-system-power and sleep-additional power settings-choose a power plan. From here, change to a different power plan to see if that will help cool the system. Also, please post a picture of the system closed.

• 

17K Posts

June 30th, 2020 06:00

Brit0_0,

Checking to see if the information helped resolve the issues. Let us know.

2 Posts

July 2nd, 2020 21:00

Hi! Thank you for this help, I updated the BIOS but what kind of power setting would cool the system? Turning off display in less time? Thank you, again. 

No Events found!