Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 11th, 2020 14:00

Fresco Logic USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver Breaking on Thunderbolt 3 Cable Reinsert or Sleep (Code 10)

I've had this issue for a couple of weeks and thought I'd be able to fix it on my own to no avail. I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, so please refer me to the appropriate one if it's not.

I have a Dell XPS 13 7390 2-in-1 laptop and for a couple of weeks, the driver responsible for handling USB ports in Thunderbolt 3 docks has been failing. I've tried 2 different Thunderbolt 3 docks which have the same issue (Kensington SD5200T and Elgato Mini). The issue is that when taking the thunderbolt cable out of the laptop, or if the laptop comes back from sleep or hibernation, the USB ports don't work and I need to restart the laptop for the ports to work again. When it stops working, in device manager the Fresco Logic USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver has a warning sign next to it, and the message displayed when I click on it is:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}

The requested operation was unsuccessful.

I've tried updating drivers using Snappy Driver Installer Origin, finding old drivers for the Fresco Logic USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller, uninstalling and disabling the drivers and rebooting my machine and nothing is working. The driver version is 10.0.18362.900 from 03/06/2020. I'm running Windows 10 version 1909. My thinking is that the driver worked before, but since this driver is only from 2 months ago, it must've updated and now I'm having problems. None of the older drivers I found online worked either, so it's hard to pinpoint what the issue is. I'm not being given the option to roll back the driver. Given this is a recent driver I thought that it would get fixed by now if it was a problem, but it's been going on for weeks now. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

2 Posts

August 22nd, 2020 07:00

Issue fixed by updating to Windows 10 20H1 using the Windows Media Creation tool as the normal update was giving an error.

• 

44 Posts

August 24th, 2020 00:00

Hi

Thanks for Confirmation, We are archiving the Case, Have a nice day.

No Events found!