Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

October 12th, 2019 08:00

XPS 15 7590, short battery life

Hi there,

I bought my XPS 15 7590 in August, and up until now it has been smooth sailing- a fantastic laptop with blazing performance and long battery life. But lately, it hasn't been able to make it through the day-- at most four hours. At full charge the battery time estimate provided by windows is around an hour and a half. 

I've scoured through task manager to find any culprits but everything looks normal-- apart from some weird memory usage. The only "culprit" I can find is that Microsoft edge seems to be taking up a ton of battery, which to me is ridiculous considering that's the thing Windows markets it not to do. I've tried using other browsers but they are all taking up the same amount of battery.

Can someone please help me figure out why my laptop, which before would last well over 13+ hours, is now struggling to make it to 2?

Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

October 12th, 2019 10:00

Welcome to the Dell Community  @FinnJacobson 

A recent update, newly installed software or just a bad battery all could degrade the battery life.

It could be a little to late but did you select a custom charge start and stop in the BIOS to extend the battery life?

You also should have options in Power Manager "Battery Extender" 

Have you tried to run a "Custom Component Test" on your battery?

How to Check Battery Health Status on Dell Laptops

Best regards,

U2

No Events found!