Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 29th, 2019 12:00

More than 3 monitors and Dell XPS 15 9575

Tell me please, can I connect more then 3 monitors to Dell XPS 15 9575? Three monitors works with TB16. Can I conect one more via another port?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 29th, 2019 13:00

Thank you for your message. You can connect three FHD monitor & two 4K displays on a TB16. You will not be able to have more than 3 displays.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

January 29th, 2019 15:00

No Intel GPUs currently on the market support more than 3 simultaneous independent displays, regardless of how they're connected.  If you use 3 external displays, you won't be able to use the built-in panel at the same time, for example.  Even on systems that also have a discrete GPU, unless the discrete GPU is physically wired to some of the display outputs, then the Intel GPU limitations apply.  In most systems with multiple GPUs, all outputs are wired to the Intel GPU.  There are some systems where at least some outputs are wired to another one, in which case displays attached that way wouldn't count toward the Intel GPU's max, but those systems are less common.  SOME Alienware systems, Precision 7000 Series systems, and Inspiron Gaming systems are set up this way.

The only other way to attach more displays would be by using USB video adapters that use technology like DisplayLink or an equivalent.  They just plug into a regular USB-A port and have a DisplayPort, HDMI, or VGA output on the other side.  Displays attached this way don't count toward your GPU limits because they're not directly driven by the GPU, which also means you could even connect the adapters to the TB16's USB ports.  I believe with DisplayLink you can technically attach up to 10 displays.  However, DisplayLink and its equivalents have some serious drawbacks that I discussed in this thread (the post marked as the answer), so it may or may not be an acceptable solution depending on how you intend to use the display(s) you would be attaching this way.

4 Posts

June 15th, 2019 08:00

Seriously what is the point of the 1050TI gpu?  Isn't the hdmi wired to nvdia gpu? one monitor to hdmi, 2 monitors thru dell dock connected to typce c

btw its crazy (for that price) not to include extra minidisplay port (like Alienware). big mistake. 

No Events found!