Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

10 Posts

August 25th, 2019 21:00

Mouse/Trackpad Cursor Jumping and disappearing randomly - XPS 9570

The machine is updated fully. The latest version of Windows 10, latest BIOS, etc. It's the 4k i7 32GB version.

Often the cursor just disappears and then starts at a certain place (higher and in the center) on the screen even though my finger was on the same spot on trackpad. The BlueTooth mouse has a similar issue.

A similar issue is that the cursor just jumps tot that same place randomly.

Both issues happen with or without an external screen, though with an external screen this issue makes the machine even more unusable as the cursor jumps to my top screen. (I have my second monitor above my laptop screen)

Please help. My machine just ran out of that first year of coverage and I can't really afford having no computer and to pay for repairs... Did I put too much trust in Dell's products? I hope not, I spent a fortune on this machine.

10 Posts

August 25th, 2019 23:00

Okay, I found a "solution". I disabled "HID-compliant pen" (Device Manager - Human Interface Devices - HID-compliant pen) and the mouse/trackpad is working just fine. I don't use a pen so I don't mind that it's turned off for some others this might not be a useful "fix" at all.

3 Posts

September 30th, 2019 12:00

@JohnnyHome wrote:

I disabled "HID-compliant pen" (Device Manager - Human Interface Devices - HID-compliant pen) and the mouse/trackpad is working just fine.

This has resolved the problem for me as well.

1 Message

July 3rd, 2020 23:00

Made a new account just to say I had the same issue and this solved it completely. This has been killing me for the past 6 hours. 

Thanks!  

July 4th, 2020 20:00

JohnnyHome
Okay, I found a "solution". I disabled "HID-compliant pen" (Device Manager - Human Interface Devices - HID-compliant pen) and the mouse/trackpad is working just fine. I don't use a pen so I don't mind that it's turned off for some others this might not be a useful "fix" at all.

So...pardon the ignorant question...but is this the pen used for "touch screen" mode? I have a touch screen model and bought the $100 pen (LOL), but I have used touch screen twice and haven't used the pen at all!!! LOL.

1 Message

September 22nd, 2022 11:00

It worked for me, thank you!

1 Message

December 7th, 2022 07:00

Interestingly, this problem just started in the last month for me after using two different Dell XPS 9575 for years but disabling the HID-compliant pen also resolved for me as well.

No Events found!