Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 6th, 2018 08:00

Notification from Dell Update: The system has been updated

New Dell XPS 15 running Windows 10.  I've had this computer for 4 days and I get a notification from Dell Update that the system has been updated every time I restart the system.  When I go into Dell Update, it indicates that the last update was 3 days ago.  

1.  Is it normal that I get this notification upon every system restart?  Does it actually mean that the system is up-to-date?

2.  While Dell Update software does show what updates have been done to the system and the version number, it doesn't get any more info, e.g. data/time that update was applied, or summary notes of the update.

1 Message

February 1st, 2020 11:00

I have the same problem, but it is not just annoying it messes up my internet connection. When I start up I find my internet connection isn't working. I do a restart and it is OK. A couple of minutes later I then get the Dell update message.

2 Intern

• 

2.7K Posts

February 1st, 2020 13:00

I have the same notice every time I REBOOT on a XPS 8910 system.  

31 Posts

February 4th, 2020 11:00

I'm also getting the "Dell Update -- The system has been updated" every time I boot up my Dell XPS 8930.

I hope a solution is found soon.

1 Message

February 5th, 2020 01:00

I just wanted to add my name to the very long list of users reporting this issue, which to me has been very well described and yet is one that Dell appears unable to rectify.

I am running an XPS 8900 with the latest version of Windows 10 and have Dell Update 3.1. As with others, I have noted that since about 2 weeks ago, the 'Dell Updates Applied' message appears every time I boot the PC, which was never the case previously. I presume it has been triggered by some form of Windows Update having been applied.

As with others, I have gone into Dell Update itself, and this clearly states that the last update was applied on 05/07/2019 (UK format) and was last checked on 18/12/2019 (UK format) and yet the message that a Dell update has been applied keeps appearing at machine start-up, which is clearly erroneous.

I too am out of warranty but as it clearly is an issue with Dell supplied software, I don't feel that it is unreasonable to expect it to be fixed, particularly as the issue was first reported some time ago.

Is there an ETA for a resolution?

• 

25.7K Posts

February 9th, 2020 00:00

Hi Bill, 

I have raised the issue with our product team and they are working on a fix for this issue. As of now, I request you to update the Dell update application to the latest version (3.1.0, A00) which is released on 4th of February 2020: https://dell.to/2H9SHlg

Let me know how it goes. I will wait to hear from you.

-Prajesh

5 Posts

February 9th, 2020 09:00

Prajesh:

Just now, I:

1.  Uninstalled the Dell Update on the system (was showing as V 3.1).

2.  Ran the File Cleaner in SupportAssist.

3.  Downloaded and installed the Feb update for Dell Update from the link provided below and did a reboot.

4.  Ran the new Dell Update with the following results ~ Shows V 3.1 / "No updates available; This system is up to date / Last Check: Never (just ran it!) / Last Update: Never (reasonable since there were no updates, but I sill question the validity of the reply based on not picking up today's date in the Last Update.).

5.  Did not try turning Notifications back on to see if this fixed that issue.

There clearly is more work that needs to be done by the "product team". 

• 

25.7K Posts

February 9th, 2020 09:00

I totally understand your callout, Bill.
Rest assured, we are working on this on a priority and will get back to you as soon as we have an update.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

February 9th, 2020 18:00

Prajesh wrote:

...I have raised the issue with our product team and they are working on a fix for this issue. As of now, I request you to update the Dell update application to the latest version (3.1.0, A00) which is released on 4th of February 2020 ...

Hi Prajesh:

I've been having the same issue on my Dell Inspiron 5584 / Win 10 Pro v1903 (now v1909) laptop where a Dell Update notifications stating "The system has been updated" appears about 5 min after every system restart. The problem started around 17-Dec-2019 and occurs with the latest Dell Update Application for W32 v3.1.0 (Package 0TFPF) as well as the latest Dell Update Application for UWP v3.1.0 (Package 9FX1M).  Both of those updates are currently listed on the Dell support page for my Inspiron 5584.

After reading your post today I uninstalled Dell Update Application for W32 v3.1.0 (Package 0TFPF) with Revo Uninstaller Free v2.1.1 (one stray registry value found after the standard uninstaller finished , deleted one registry key left behind after the uninstall of a previous Dell Update Application for UWP v3.1.0 installation using the registry cleaner in Piriform's CCleaner Free v5.36, and then installed the latest Dell Update Application for UWP v3.1.0 (Package 9FX1M). I noticed that Settings | System | Notifications & Actions | Get Notifications From These Senders was turned OFF for Dell Update after the clean reinstall, but as soon as that setting was turned back ON the notifications stating "The system has been updated" started appearing again after each system restart. Further details and screenshots are posted in my thread Inspiron 5584 - Dell Update Notification "The system has been updated" in the Inspiron board.
------------
64-bit Win 10 Pro v1909 build 18363.592 * Firefox ESR v68.4.2 * Windows Defender v4.18.2001.7 * Malwarebytes Free v3.8.3
Dell Inspiron 15 5584, Intel i5-8265U@1.60/1.80 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Toshiba KBG40ZNS256G NVMe SSD, Intel UHD Graphics 620

• 

25.7K Posts

February 12th, 2020 02:00

Hi,

We have an update from our product engineering team. As they are working on a permanent fix, they wanted to us to try to remove the Dell Update application from the system using a 3rd party uninstaller. Complete all Windows updates & restart the system. Install Dell update application version 3. 1. 0.

Do let me know the outcome of this.

-Supriya

3 Posts

February 13th, 2020 10:00

I, and others, have done as you requested to uninstall and reinstall (see earlier in this thread).  In my case I used Revo Uninstaller again just now.  This approach makes no difference and the error message continues after reboot.  Please let your product engineering team know that we all need the permanent fix.

3 Posts

February 13th, 2020 11:00

This dell is scamming all laptop owners special those who's warranty lapses already. Shame on dell because on what we experience are self inflicted by them meaning our laptop malfunction because of their update but then refuse to assist or help you about the problem when you're laptop is beyond warranty date. Mine malfunctioning GeForce GPU it stops working after dell updated my laptop this happens a lot when i'n in the middle of something, I reported this already but they're reply my laptop is not covered by the warranty. I always need to restart when this happens! dell! i will never buy dell again ever! this is how they treat the consumers.

February 13th, 2020 12:00

I've been waiting around here for over a month without a fix for this issue.  I've posted here several times and have exchanged several private messages with Dell people.  Their latest private response is that they're in communication with their engineers and will notify me when a fix is available.  I've decided to stop holding my breath.  

I uninstalled DCU 3.1 and replaced it with DCU 3.0 awhile back.  Both produced the errant "Updated" message on reboot.  I'm thinking I'll re-install the latest version on the assumption that someday it will get fixed.  When I go here looking for 3.1, I see (apparently) two different downloads.  Which one do I pick?

Thanks for any help.

25 Posts

February 13th, 2020 13:00

Being a simple-minded user, probably I am missing something. Still, trying to help, I have a question first:

is the issue, as described, related to the 'Dell Update' application or to the 'Dell Command | Update'  application? In fact the link you included relates to the Dell Command | Update - 

In my case, I had installed the 'Dell Update' , see:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=9fx1m&oscode=wt64a&productcode=xps-13-9360-laptop

Having said that, my impression is that the Dell Update UWP application may fail sometimes to find new updates, so I actually prefer checking directly the Dell website for driver updates.  Clicking on the `Release Date' you get the latest releases.

Hope it helps.

February 14th, 2020 06:00

@Monferrato 

My understanding from spending about 2 months on this site is that Dell Update and Dell Command|Update are the same application.  If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

When I go to the site to find version, there are two downloads:

You point to the Universal Windows Platform version.  I'm running Windows 10, Version 1909, OS Build 18363.657.  Is that the correct one for me?

Thanks for any help.

25 Posts

February 14th, 2020 08:00

@MarlinGolden39A 

You are running the most recent stable version of Windows 10. Assuming you have the 64-bit  installation of Windows, I would install the UWP version of the Dell Update, as per the link I have sent . (note: if you have the 32-bit installation,  forget my link and install the 32 - bit version of the Dell Update)

My recommendation for the installation process of the UWP version:

Once you have downloaded the file, save it before open it. 

After you have saved it, open it. During the installation process you will be asked if you want to repair your current Dell Update installation, or remove it. Go for the option to remove it. At the end of the process, you will asked to reboot, and you should do so.  With that you have actually uninstalled the Dell Update.

Then, go back to installation file that you have saved, open it as administrator, and run the installation. At the end you will have to reboot the laptop. 

Good luck!

No Events found!