Unsolved

N

1 Rookie

• 

62 Posts

December 29th, 2019 11:00

Screen flicker on 7590

Hi,

I recently bought a XPS 7590 and I've notice the screen flickers, it's very brief and random, it's almost as though your eyes blinked.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks

13 Posts

January 4th, 2020 10:00

I had it just go black randomly while I typed.  They replaced the OLED screen and that fixed it.  I would call support and make them replace it.

Bear in mind, now I have a new display problem.  Maybe you should try it if you use Twitter.  Here is how I reproduce it in Chrome or Edge.

NOTE: Edge never recovers.

1.  Start a Tweet

2.  Click the GIF button

3.  Click a category or enter a search term.

4.  Scroll down quickly and keep going.

My machine will go haywire, fans kick in, and screen goes black, maybe mouse cursor appears.

With Chrome, it eventually recovers.

With Edge, it doesn't recover and I have to hard restart by continuously pressing the power button.

Getting a replacement shipped after motherboard also replace.  Maybe graphics or drivers.  We will. see.

1 Rookie

• 

62 Posts

January 4th, 2020 10:00

Anyone?

2 Posts

May 4th, 2020 08:00

yes I am, I have 25 laptops i9 OLED display and they are all flickering, and they getting extremely hot even in sleeping mode.

I talked to the customer support and they couldn't find the problem, and they said at the end contact your local dell customer service for replacement. 

thats it this flickering is not solvable, and the temperature too.

it would be my last time to buy or recommend any dell product.

2 Posts

May 29th, 2020 14:00

I solved the flickering by changing the refreshrate to 60Hz instead of the default 59Hz.

You can do this either through OS settings, or if on Windows you will have the Intel Graphics Control panel which you can also use.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

January 10th, 2024 21:48

We're you able to solve this problem?

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

January 10th, 2024 21:50

I have the problem now, i seem to reproduce it on chrome when i hover on the tabs.

But my major concern is that it only happens on one part of the screen. (The right side)

No Events found!