Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

2 Posts

December 1st, 2022 22:00

Screen image retention

XPS 15 L502X

XPS 15 L502X

I have run a Pixel tester on my XPS laptop because I have image retention which fades over time, the pixel tester shows that everything is fine. If I run any Apps I see no ghosts or anything like that. This image retention only appears on the desktop. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

December 2nd, 2022 06:00

I would need more information, and a photo or screenshot if it would show the issue.

I have the identical laptop. L502x.

Since the issue doesn't show in any apps or the tester, it doesn't sound like a hardware issue. I would uninstall both graphics drivers and reinstall them. I assume you have Intel HD Graphics 3000. Do you also have an Nvidia graphics card? Which model?

What OS are you running? If you're still on Windows 7 or 8, I would upgrade to 10, make sure it activates, then perform a clean install of Windows 10. Under Windows 10, the required graphics drivers will be installed automatically via Windows Update.

You can also run Dell Diagnostics:
Immediately after pressing the power button to turn on the laptop (or after clicking the Reboot command), press F12 repeatedly to enter the One Time Boot Menu, select Diagnostics and press Enter. The Dell Diagnostics will test all your hardware.

No Events found!