Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 2nd, 2018 12:00

Warning: Battery cannot be identified and no boot device

I get thT warning every time I turn my xps on,when I press f1 I get "no boot device found.press any key to reboot".i ran diagnostics and everything is fine except the battery comes back with error code 2000-0131,please if anybody can help me out I'd really appreciate it .thanks 

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 3rd, 2018 07:00

Please list Dell model number and version . Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10

In the meantime, error code 2000-0131 means an error occurred during the tests that may involve the main system board or battery of the system. I would suggest removing the battery to see if it will fix the error code by following the steps below.

1. Power off system, remove all peripherals, AC adapter and battery. Press " Power On" button for 15 seconds to release Static Flea Power. 

2. Replace battery, adapter, power on system. Hopefully there's no more error code.

As for the no boot device:

I suggest you Reset the BIOS to Default Values to see if that will fix the error.

6 Posts

June 5th, 2018 10:00

I had the same problem on my xps 15z : i bought i new battery on Internet and it couldn't be identified. Then i reinserted the orginal battery from Dell, same problem :Confused:

I tried all the fix (see there for the fix ) but nothing fixed the problem. After a week triing to connected my new battery, i donwload SupportAssist software from Dell website and let run it. I also ran a diagnostics on Dell Support website. Apparently it wasn't helping, but the next day, when i plugged my AC adpatator, the light wasn't flashing red anymore. So i tried to start my xps 15z with the battery, and it was working :BigSmile:

So, i can't say what fixed my problem exactly... But i think it's a shame that dell don't give a precise fix for this problem.

No Events found!