Start a Conversation

Unsolved

JS

2 Posts

September 3rd, 2020 15:00

Weird startup bug

So I have a really annoying problem with my XPS 13 2 in 1. Sometimes when I open up the laptop, either from sleep or hibernation or from shut down, the laptop will get stuck on the opening Dell logo. There won't be any spinning circle either. It is stuck like this till I hold the power button for like 10 seconds which shuts off the laptop. After turning it on again, it opens to a bluescreen saying that windows didn't start correctly and I need to restart my computer again.
Now the weird part is that sometimes when this happens, it won't show a Dell logo at all. Instead, it shows a glitched white box where the Dell logo should be. This box almost looks like tv static. This only happens sometimes though.
The frustrating thing is that this was happening a couple months ago and I fixed it by updating the BIOS. After updating the BIOS, the problem went away until it started happening again a few days ago. I don't know what the problem could be now because it isn't like the BIOS unupdated or something.
So has anyone else had this problem?

• 

25.7K Posts

September 4th, 2020 09:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

• 

25.7K Posts

September 4th, 2020 10:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

No Events found!