Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

59 Posts

June 3rd, 2020 09:00

When will the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 receive the Windows May update?

When will the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1  7390 receive the Windows May update? It was released a week ago and I haven't been able to receive them through Dell update. The reason is that Dell still has not fixed the Bluetooth issue plaguing this device for over 2 months, despite numerous notification regarding this issue.

I ask once again, can we please have an expedited update process. I am eagerly waiting WSL 2 for my development machine, which at this point I am unable to proceed with due to broken drivers on the latest update. 

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

June 3rd, 2020 10:00

@mux8  I'm not familiar with the Bluetooth issue you're referring to, but a Windows 10 feature update would not arrive through Dell Update.  It would arrive through Windows Update.  And even if your system was known to be compatible, it still wouldn't necessarily arrive immediately because Microsoft doesn't make it available to all supported systems globally at the same time.  They roll out new Windows releases over the span of a few months.  If you really want it right away, you can go here to pull it, but if you're concerned about a compatibility issue, I would recommend capturing a full disk image backup of your system before proceeding just in case something goes wrong to the point that even the normal rollback mechanism doesn't recover your previous state (which does happen).

59 Posts

June 3rd, 2020 10:00

Yes I meant through Windows Store. THe bluetooth issue is https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/Bluetooth-mouse-lag-issues-with-new-XPS-13-7390-2-in-1/m-p/7617416#M63032 and it's is broken by the May update, which I just tested and had to roll back from. 

8 Posts

June 3rd, 2020 14:00

I've had this issue since installing the May 2004 update but manged to resolve it after quite a bit of research. 

As you say there are a number of threads about the Bluetooth lag on mice, I resolved it by disabling the power management option once I'd eventually found it. 

I don't need any support to resolve this thank you but would suggest some form of bios update is required to resolve the issue although Dell don't seem to be acknowledging it.

59 Posts

June 3rd, 2020 17:00

The problem is I am unable to access the power management tab on the new update.  How did you manage to do so?

No Events found!