Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

6 Posts

September 22nd, 2020 05:00

XPS 13 7390 2-in-1, Killer WiFi 6 AX1650, dropping connection

I have a brand new XPS 13 7390 2-in-1 and while using it in a room far from the router, the WiFi kept dropping.  I moved closer to the router, and the problems continued. No other devices in the house are having this problem.

I checked all the usual suspects: Power saving options, drivers, etc. I ran the network troubleshooter. I tested to see if it would drop after the computer went to sleep and/or if it was running on battery (happened in both scenarios). I looked for help online at the Dell site, Killer Networking site and other places.

Finally, I did a clean install of the Killer drivers. It seemed to work as I was continuing to work on the computer. I moved the computer into another room, and plugged it in. It never went to sleep but it dropped the WiFi. It took about 5 minutes to come back with an error message that it couldn't connect to the router, or it would just hang on the connecting message. It came back for about 30 seconds and dropped again (I was watching a live stream on YouTube). After 10 minutes I got it back online, went to my original location and it continued to drop over and over again.

Finally I threw my hands up and left for about 30 minutes. When I came back, the computer was asleep. I woke it up and it was connected!

Later I was in the middle of watching a YouTube video while typing an email and even though all that activity was going on, I was spontaneously disconnected.

So I'm just not sure what to do with this problem. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

• 

25.7K Posts

September 22nd, 2020 05:00

* Click Windows icon
* Type killer
* Click Killer Control Center
* Click Settings
* Turn Killer Prioritization Engine to Off and retest

1 Message

October 30th, 2022 03:00

I have this problem on a Dell XPS 13 with Ubuntu (the version dell supplied). Is there a similar way to turn of such a killer prioritization engine off in ubuntu?

No Events found!