Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

2 Posts

March 17th, 2020 08:00

XPS 13 7390, Fan Noise

My Dell XPS 13 (7390) is a year old and has been a bit noisy. But it's now started making really weird sounds - getting loud and then doing zipping sounds.  Have been trying different tests - reduced the screen resolution from the recommended to 1920x1080 and that helped quiet the fan. I turned off Sound Enhancements (no change). Will now try your recommendations and see if that helps. thanks.

This link was something that seemed similar.

1 Message

June 25th, 2020 18:00

My new 7390 just started having exactly the same problem - any resolution? I am on the phone with Dell Support right now and they seem perplexed.

1 Message

July 1st, 2020 06:00

Go back to 1.1.3 bios dated December 11. Mine was working perfectly until bios update, then started that mechanical rattle. Not very noisy but still annoying. Another problem was the DELL logo after sleep, and then logo returns to garbage when you press any key. You could still hear that windows was alive in the background. DELL really messed up with the 2 recent bios updates.

2 Posts

July 15th, 2020 09:00

I have an XPS 9370 and mine occasionally does the rattling/cackling noise. It has been getting more frequent. I don't have any issues with the Dell Logo or such, but is reverting back to the BIOS the fix? Or could it be more an hardware issue? I saw in some post that the technician engineer knew that it's bad fan.

I need to find out what the part number is so that i can buy it and replace it myself.

4 Posts

September 30th, 2020 10:00

Same here... Less than a year old.

I suspect one of these:

- dirt or something mechanical fell in a ventilator

- the axle of a ventilator has somehow become loose.

2 Posts

March 11th, 2021 10:00

I am having the same issue with my XPS 13 7390

1 Message

November 25th, 2021 05:00

Same issue. One fan start making noise, than stop, than make super fast spins and stops. I think its a problem with van, coz I was looking with flash from other side and I do see that one fan is working fine. 

3 Posts

November 10th, 2022 20:00

Same noise here and also during sleep mode, plugged or not... Leads to the PC to overheat even if on sleep....  How do I revert to the before last Firmaware?

No Events found!