Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

1 Message

December 17th, 2020 08:00

XPS 13 7390, fans constantly running

Hi Everyone, My XPS 13 fans seem to run constantly, I have been regularly running updates but the fans are always going. Is there something that I can try to encourage them to run less? I even use it elevated so that is gets good airflow to the bottom of the laptop and that doesnt seem to make a difference. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 19th, 2021 06:00

In the Dell Power Manager, test all four options = Optimized, Cool, Quiet, Ultra performance

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

January 19th, 2021 07:00

Welcome to the Dell Community @Evanthes 

Make sure this is up to date.

Intel Dynamic Tuning Driver:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=td4n2&oscode=wt64a&productcode=xps-13-7390-laptop

The Intel Dynamic Tuning is a power and thermal management solution that is used to resolve fan noise, overheating, and performance-related issues of the system.

Best regards,

U2

August 18th, 2021 03:00

That just allows me to set different levels of fan noise, the fans are still running constantly in every mode.

August 18th, 2021 03:00

The Dynamic Tuning Driver doesn't appear to do anything at all

1 Message

March 19th, 2023 01:00

Download this software called dell power manager. You can find it on the app store. it can basically optimize ur battery, check ur p health and battery health and all that. It can also set different fan presets.

power manager.jpg

No Events found!