Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

1 Message

May 23rd, 2020 00:00

XPS 13 9300 stuck on dell logo after sleep

Loving the laptop mostly except for this problem which is driving me nuts.

I've spent a lot of time searching here for potential solutions but the problem still exists.

I have updated drivers, updated BIOS including new version yesterday,  have run diagnostics have switched off "fast start",  tried enabling hibernate, etc.

Any more things I can try?

2 Posts

May 24th, 2020 05:00

I have the same issue on my new dell xps 13 9300. I'm running ubuntu 18.04

Any help would be appreciated.

2 Posts

May 24th, 2020 09:00

If you're working on Ubuntu what worked for me was disabling "sign of life" in the BIOS/Post Settings. Now whenever I want to restart my computer from sleep mode I simply press the power button and everything works fine.

8 Posts

May 25th, 2020 07:00

Yup My 9300 has the same issue.

Firstly, it doesn't sleep correctly or at all.

Then when it does sleep after wake up it gets stuck on the Dell logo screen and I need to hard reset it which is a real PITA.

Dell support says to reinstall windows. Sigh. This is the 3rd issue I've had ince buying it in March and each time the only solution suggested is to reinstall Windows.

2 Posts

July 15th, 2020 21:00

Same issue here with a brand new Dell XPS 15 9500. Reinstalling clean Windows through Dell Recovery OS didn't fix it.

Neither did unchecking "Dell logo sign of life" as suggested here https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-7390-Stuck-on-Dell-Logo-waking-up-from-Sleep/td-p/7564528 (it then causes a back screen freeze instead of a Dell logo freeze)

1 Message

August 27th, 2020 09:00

I have the same issue with my new Dell XPS 9500.

I have dual boot Ubuntu 20.04 and windows 10.

In both the OS, the sleep drains too much battery and also gets hot idle

Proposed Solutions:

• In windows: setting CsEnabled as 0 in \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power through regedit
  • In ubuntu: enablind 'deep' sleep

However, for both the solutions, when I wake up the laptop from sleep, it gets stuck on the dell logo screen. Aftter which I have to force shut down using the power button

February 7th, 2022 10:00

Just posted this on AskUbuntu:  The fix for me was to remove damaged NVIDIA symlinks (found after searching for "suspend" in `journalctl -r`).  Solution posted by apienk works for me:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1933880

I hope it helps someone

1 Message

July 18th, 2023 09:00

hey bro yeah i have the same laptop and facing the same problems recently can anyone help plz cuz i really like this laptop

No Events found!