Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 13th, 2022 04:00

XPS 13 9310

I am so frustrated with my XPS, when I connect it to a 4K display it will not recognize that it is a 4K display and reduce the resolution to 2560x1080.  Why is this?!

When I uses a USB C - HDMI adapter the resolution is correct 3440x1440.  

3 Posts

April 14th, 2022 07:00

I installed the monitor drivers for Win10 and now everting is working.  4K and the monitors web cam.  The reason I bought this specific display is because it has a built in docking station, lovely!  My first Ultra Wide, I will never go back. 

I do have a Dell docking station at work, essential! 

This one https://www.dell.com/za/enterprise/p/dell-wd19-130w-dock/pd

• 

25.7K Posts

April 13th, 2022 04:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 13th, 2022 11:00

Different video outputs may cause a limitation regarding resolution.   Are you using a DP output or HDMI.  Beyond that, it may even matter as to the version of the output being used.

3 Posts

April 13th, 2022 22:00

Hello Saltgrass,

Below is the answer from Dell, which I do not accept!  When I plug the same cable into my Mac Bookair the display is in 4K.  How can a Thunderbolt 4 port on my XPS not have enough bandwidth? The spec says 4K at 60Hz and 8K at 30Hz.

It is possible that the available bandwidth post displaying to the internal LCD is not enough to handle an external monitor at 3440x1440

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 14th, 2022 06:00

I was going to try to check this on my system but I only have a 1.2 DP output.  Since you seem to have DP 1.4a from the Thunderbolt port, I would think that would work.

The DP usually has more capabilities regarding security so maybe something related to that is blocking the full display.

What type of cable are you using, a USB C to DP?  Is it a Thunderbolt cable?

Could HDR be involved with the display or have you tried turning that off?

Dell has a new monitor I was thinking about getting but the delivery date was showing as June so I will wait but that monitor does have HDR where my current one does not.

Have you ever used some type of Dock with your 9310?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 14th, 2022 09:00

Glad you got it working, take Care,

No Events found!