Start a Conversation

Unsolved

August 10th, 2023 23:27

May 13th, 2018 13:00

I am having this problem too, but it only started recently after a windows 10 update.  I think windows is pushing the bad driver now because I got rid of the dell support assistant after it nuked my system a while back.

Anybody on this thread get back working again?  Did the Germany onsite repair work and if so what did they do?

26 Posts

May 13th, 2018 16:00

Well strangely I found out that removing the battery and turning it on with the AC power cord attached seems to have fixed it.  The only reason this happened is that I gave up and took the battery out to try it in another identical XPS 13 that had wine spilled in it.  So after I had the battery out I just wanted to see if it would start without it and damned if it didn't just boot right up and no flicker or anything.  Perhaps there was charge buildup someplace and that discharged it?  But just unplugging the battery and pushing the power button for a while didn't do it.

26 Posts

May 15th, 2018 13:00

Update: unfortunately the fix only lasted two day and then went back to the same problem.

Problem with the motherboard allowing charge to build up someplace it shouldn't? 

26 Posts

May 24th, 2018 19:00

Any new information out there on this?  I am still suffering with an unusable laptop.

16 Posts

May 24th, 2018 21:00

Everything just works again. Yesterday I oowered the xps 9350 and it just worked after 3 months of black screen in windows. 

Secondly Dell reckmmended the below yesterday (i did not do it since laptop came to life without any intervention)

"

Please download this driver https://dell.to/2IIkCIp & save to your desktop screen.

Open device manager- expand graphics adapter—right click on the graphics driver & click on uninstall (check the box that says delete driver) Do not restart the

computer, install the driver saved on your desktop screen & then restart."

25 Posts

May 26th, 2018 10:00

I can't understand how it is possible....

But I'll try..

Also they say:

If the issue persists, this could be caused by the QHD screen. Please observe your computer & let me know the outcome

3 Posts

May 27th, 2018 01:00

Same with me, my laptop screen came back to life today. Probably just a total coincidence but I noticed when restarting after having updated a piece of jpeg resizing software I'd previously installed https://www.bricelam.net/ImageResizer/ to v3.1.0. Sorry, I expect a total red herring, but I was clutching at straws with all the previous suggested fixes; if you have this software installed it's worth a try. Now just waiting and hoping that the problem doesn't recur.....

25 Posts

May 28th, 2018 12:00

Also for me... Without any  "hack", simply i've restarted my dell..Everything just works again. Yesterday it just worked after 3 months of black screen in windows.

June 3rd, 2018 01:00

Hi,

Dell / Intel released a driver which resolves the issues they created in the first instance!

What is really funny is the following....

Importance: Recommended

Version: 23.20.16.4973 ,A12 Older versions

Release Date: 29 May 2018

File Name: Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver_10X01_WIN_23.20.16.4973_A12.EXE

File size: 338.19 MB

Recommended! Ha! If you have a laptop with a black screen I would say its a little more than recommended.

I have some good advice. Disable all Dell software on your laptop and ensure you don't install any future BIOS or driver updates!!

Good luck.

3 Posts

June 3rd, 2018 10:00

Hi, I am happy to hear about some of our Dells coming back to life, that brings hope to everyone else! Unfortunately I still cannot get mine to work. I reinstalled windows and all the recommended drivers but my screen it still black:smileysad:. Would anyone be able to do me a favor and give me some info about your current setup? Specifically, I wondering what version of the Intel Embedded 520 Graphics Driver you are running and what BIOS version you are on? Thanks in advance!

3 Posts

June 4th, 2018 05:00

Hi, my BIOS version is 1.7.0 and my graphics card version 24.20.100.6025. just after posting that my XPS had returned to normality, I had a further black screen instance this time also on the linked monitor (which had behaved normally previously) but with the mouse pointer visible on the monitor. Anyway since then the system has been running normally for the past week or so. Fingers crossed still.

Good luck!

25 Posts

June 17th, 2018 06:00

Again!! I don't know how is possible...

Under Ubuntu is all ok!! And with video driver disabled under windows is ok.

This is my last dell, because this story i is very incredible... 

25 Posts

June 26th, 2018 07:00

Anyone has again this issue?

12 Posts

June 30th, 2018 15:00

BTW, since LCD is blank, I cannot reinstall/reset/revert, cannot enter BIOS so no change of HDD password. I can do nothing...

12 Posts

June 30th, 2018 15:00

My 9350 suddenly has blank screen issue. It shows DELL logo then disappear. The backlight is still on but blank screen. I have to blindly input the HDD password, then external monitor would work. I cannot even reset it. I tried to uninstall graphics driver but still no help. The problem is not driver related.

I tried to press D and LCD is fine, but once I boot it, it just show DELL logo and it disappears immediately. When I connected to external monitor, I set it to monitor 1, duplicate, extend, none of them works, just blank, then goes back to external monitor only.

No Events found!