Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

August 21st, 2019 03:00

XPS 13 (9350) with i5 won't charge via USB-C

I got this USB C PD USB 45w 5/9/12/20A power brick from Aliexpress.
Link: https://bit.ly/31U9DVs 

Also Im using my Pixel 2 charging cable that is USB-C to USB-C to connect my laptop with it.

When I connect my laptop to the power brick it says plugged in,not charging for a second then I get some message that says:
"your port does not provide enough power to operate the attached device"
and it stops saying that Its plugged in and bricks just turns off (it has a mini display that shows the amperage and voltage, which is showing 0A untill it turns off).

Thus I had no problems with quick charging my Pixel 2 using this brick and the same cable.

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

August 21st, 2019 07:00

I personally own an XPS 13 9350 and I charge it via USB-C all the time, so this isn't a limitation of the model overall, even if it might be an issue with your specific unit.  But if you haven't tried your XPS 13 with any other USB-C power sources yet, then I would start there.  The fact that the charger works with a Pixel 2 doesn't completely rule it out as a culprit since the Pixel 2 would pull significantly less wattage, and would NOT use 15V or 20V charging as the XPS 13 would.  It's possible there's an issue with the charger you have that causes it not to work properly at 15V or 20V even if the specs claim it does, and of course a USB-C charger is significantly less cost and hassle to replace than an XPS 13 motherboard.  I use various Anker and Nekteck USB-C chargers, for what it's worth.

No Events found!