Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

February 26th, 2020 02:00

XPS 13 9370 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection problems on Linux and the solution

Hello everyone,,

Just wanted to share my experience on fixing wifi and bluetooth connection/dropout issues that I have had for quite a long time. I am on Arch Linux using the zen kernel.

After many hours of online searching and fiddling, it turns out that the source of the problem was related to the wireless power savings. I am using laptop-mode-tools for power saving, so disabling wifi power saving in laptop-mode-tools solved all wifi and bluetooth connectivity problems. I feel like for some reason, laptop-mode-tools uses way less power than needed for a stable connection, leading to a bunch of issues including dropouts, latency spikes, bandwidth reduction, etc. I hope this helps other 9370 owners having similar problems.

• 

25.7K Posts

February 26th, 2020 20:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

2 Posts

February 6th, 2022 17:00

I resolved by reinstall linux-firmware and disable wifi powersave.

sudo apt-get install --reinstall linux-firmware

sudo sed -i 's/wifi.powersave = 3/wifi.powersave = 2/' /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/default-wifi-powersave-on.conf

https://itectec.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-more-wifi-issues-qualcomm-atheros-qca6174-ath10k_pci/

No Events found!