Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 18th, 2022 12:00

XPS 13 plus 9320- audio usb sounds bad in some apps

Hi, I am new the Dell community and I have recently bought an XPS13 plus.

I have been using an external usb audio DAC (HUD-mx1) since more than 10 years over different laptops. (Including an XPS 13 from 2014)

However, after I switched to the Dell XPS13 plus, the sound quality has been a big trouble for me.

What I have noticed is that, the sound of the external audio device became very muffled on browsers and some apps like Foobar, but it magically sounded just fine on Media Player.  I have also noticed that if I change the specific setting on foobar to exclusively use the audio device, it would also sound okay. 

To me, it seems like somehow the audio resources are not distributed over different applications, which cause the degradation of the sound quality. 

I have been installing and uninstalling audio drivers but nothing seems to help this issues.

I wonder if anyone has similar issues and has possible solutions for this.

Thank you!

• 

17K Posts

June 27th, 2022 06:00

Chunwel333 states in private message:

I have reinstalled the applications; however the quality didn't get improved.

But I think I won't need more assistance, because it's most likely something to do with Windows sound mixer.

• 

25.7K Posts

June 18th, 2022 15:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

1 Message

July 19th, 2022 12:00

I too have been having problems with my 9320.  It does not display sounds when using apps and browsers.  At first it was only with my Bluetooth headphones, but now the speakers are doing the same thing.   My drivers are all updated.  The actual device will display sound when clicking the volume or doing tests, but when playing apps (spotify, youtube, etc.) no sound can be heard.  

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

July 19th, 2022 12:00

Review the settings in "App volume and device preferences", which you can access by typing "sound mixer" into the Windows menu search. That panel enables more control over volume, so sound level for individual apps could be significantly lower than that for system sounds or even zero.

October 25th, 2022 00:00

Initially I thought that it is simply because the sound card is bad for the laptop.

Now I realized that the culprit is the MaxxAudio Pro thing that caused the problems.

The program tries to enhance the audio quality but it actually makes everything sound terrible.

To fix it, I simply now turn it off for the playback.

No Events found!