Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

12 Posts

August 30th, 2019 00:00

XPS 15-7590, LCD flickering on lowest brightness, #2

xps7590, i9, ips 4k. When plugged in, at the minimum brightness, when i scroll the page (i.e. in chrome) the screen flickers. If I increase the luminosity and the problem disappear. at the minimum level the luminosity is "5" (I saw it in delle premier color).

5 Posts

September 2nd, 2019 14:00

Its fixed with lates bios update

12 Posts

September 2nd, 2019 14:00

Not for me. If it is in charging and I use the minimum brightness, the half left of the screen is always flickering like a problem of electromagnetic noise. For a pc of $2800 this is not acceptable. And with a pro support plus is still awful that after 1 day no one answers!

12 Posts

September 21st, 2019 12:00

Assistance change me the screen, after the mobo... Problem still here. 

I'm waiting a solution but I'm very upset. 

September 21st, 2019 12:00

I have just noticed the exact same issue. Laptop (XPS 15 7590 LCD touch) charging, lowest brightness, left half of screen flickers. ?!

October 9th, 2019 05:00

Hi, facing the same issue.

Had you found a solution? 

Cheers 

1 Message

October 11th, 2019 09:00

Same problem here, it still persists after BIOS update.

12 Posts

October 12th, 2019 23:00

No solution yet. 

I'm talking from about 3 weeks with Dell engineers. They try to make another change of screen of another manufacturer (actual is compal), if the problem still persist They swap my entire PC with a new one. 

They said that is a problem of OPR or something similar... 

12 Posts

October 18th, 2019 01:00

Third repairing operation...they changed me (another time) screen with a new one, this time with a Sharp panel (before it is Compal), the problem is identical as the previous one. LCD flickers during normal operation at the minimum brightness.

1 Message

November 6th, 2019 19:00

(1) Windows Menu Search ==> SEARCH " Intel Graphics Control Panel" ---(Could be named "Intel(R) Graphics Control Panel" or "Intel(R) UHD Graphics Control Panel").

(2) On the main program's screen, look at the bottom row icons. Second from right should be the "Power" button with batteries as an icon. CLICK ON IT.

(3) SWITCH the first option titled "Panel Self-Refresh" from "enable" to "disable."

(4) CLICK "apply"

(5) Close program and restart the machine. Keep an eye on this program since it could be re-enabled due to updates.

12 Posts

November 6th, 2019 22:00

No, is not a sw problem. 

I had the same issue on BIOS and Linux 

12 Posts

November 6th, 2019 22:00

3 support interventions:
\-they change me the screen at the half of september

\-they change me the mobo at the beginning of october

\-they change me another time the screen (?!?!) at the end of october

I accept, my bad, the replacement unit that arrive at the end (29th) of november.
yesterday (5th) of november, the pc turned off suddenly during use in battery mode with 90% of battery.
I talk with support with phone, and they said that the motherboard is dead (motherboard that is one months old).

So, I am with no pc, without the possibility to recover the datas and witohout 2500€ in my pocket.
And, as you can read on reddit, probably with a new pc with the same shitty problem.

After more than 30 thousand of euros to DELL, my company will never buy anymore a dell product, at first for the poor support received (and I make pro support plus for 4 years), at second because they give me probably a product with the same defect. So, i ask for a refound. 

1 Message

December 15th, 2019 22:00

Wow, I have the exact same thing. i7 model with 4K touch. Doesn't happen when on batteries. Happens when I'm charging (Dell charger or USB C).

January 10th, 2020 19:00

Thanks, Buddy,

It worked for me. 

1 Message

January 23rd, 2020 00:00

it's likely related to power issue.

using intel xtu limit the power max to 50watts or lower max intel turbo frequency to 3.1ghz or below would temporarily make this flickering goes away, but you lose around 10-20% cpu max performance.

1 Message

February 8th, 2020 09:00

I am having the exact same issue except that I am battery power.  The Intel Graphics Control Panel solution did not work for me.  Oddly enough, my issue did not start until after the most recent January BIOS update.  Incidentally around the same time there was an update for some sort of Intel Management software, though I don't recall it having "Graphics" in the name.

I am no expert, but could there possibly be a conflict between the Intel software and the NVIDIA software since both are theoretically involved in the same area and could potentially be sending conflicting instructions to the panel?  I recall in much older computers having issues similar to this when there were redundant programs issuing conflicting instructions to hardware.

No Events found!