XPS

Last reply by 07-01-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
3 Argentum

XPS 15 7590 Occasional Slowdown

Normally my laptop (XPS 15 7590) runs well, and is very fast. I'd almost say it's a gaming computer, but I'm not a gamer, so not really sure. I rarely shut it down, and not only do I have updates set to automatically install, but I manually check for updates through Windows and through the Dell SupportAssist app monthly, so everything is always up-to-date. 

Three weeks ago I woke up to a blue screen. I ran the troubleshooter from the blue screen but nothing was found, so I restarted. The laptop ran fine for about five days, then I woke up to my machine running super, super slow. I had clicked my Excel icon, which normally opens the app in about 3 seconds. This time it took over five minutes. Everything on the laptop was slow like this. If I moved my mouse, the cursor wouldn't move for about 30 seconds. 

I tried shutting down, but it restarted instead, still very slow after the restart. I tried shutting down four times, but it restarted each time. On my fifth attempt, I got the blue screen again. This time there was a QR code with a link to something called "DPC Watchdog Violation." After taking a picture of that screen, I held down my power button to shut down. which It did . 

Computer worked fine for about three days, then this cycle happened again. However, while i didn't get a picture of the blue screen 'cause I thought it was the same message, I looked at my picture later and realized it was a link to some other violation. I don't remember what it was. Since then, it's been running ok until last night. I was playing one of the MS Solitaire games, clicked a card, and suddenly the laptop slowed down again. Attempts to shut down the right way only resulted in restarts again, several times. While I never got a blue screen this time, I finally held down the power button to actually shut down. 

Laptop's been running fine all day, but this it getting scary. At least everything in my documents/video/picture/music library are all in the OneDrive cloud, but I'm afraid I'm about to lose the ability to turn my laptop on. 

Any advice would be helpful. Reports I can run and upload for someone to view? If so, let me know how to run them and I'll do that. I am on an extended warranty until February. 

Here's my laptop details from Windows "About" screen: 

Device name DESKTOP-OL0AOLT
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
Device ID 52568741-75D0-4FB8-B012-606B87BDD3BB
Product ID 00325-81635-18078-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎10/‎29/‎2021
OS build 22000.778
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.778.0

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. Currently only available in the USA.

View solution in original post

Reply (1)

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. Currently only available in the USA.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor