Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

January 3rd, 2022 12:00

XPS 15 7590, lid closed, stays on

Hello, I just bought a Dell for the first time under a year ago. The problem I having is when I close the laptop lid for the night or whatever it doesn't turn off. For example I will have a full battery and the laptop will be unplugged. By the morning the laptop is completely dead and has an awful time booting up. 

I have had it in sleep mode when the lid is closed and hibernate mode when the lid is closed. Still it continues to run until it dies. Any ideas on what is keeping it running and how to fix it?  

Thanks

• 

17K Posts

June 23rd, 2022 06:00

Done all driver updates. It seems to have worked, it looks like all sleep / hibernate modes are now working.

• 

25.7K Posts

January 3rd, 2022 13:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

To be clear, neither sleep mode or hibernate mode are, "turn off". The system is stil on in those modes.

* Connect the external AC power adapter to the laptop
* Click Start- Power- Shut down

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

May 31st, 2022 09:00

I have the same problem, and this has caused my Laptop to overheat a couple of times since I pack it in my laptop case without knowing that it is still on. So please find a solution to this ASAP as this is shortening the life of my laptop, and it is expensive.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

May 31st, 2022 12:00

yeah, they never figured out the solution. They had me re-image the thing like 10 times. I even gave it to my brother to diagnose and run some tests of his own. We figure the mother board is bad. So if you got a nice discount on your computer then I would maybe look into replacing the motherboard or returning it if you can. Dont waste your time finding a solution.....I got a really nice discount on mine and I don't know if I will be able to sell it or just pay someone to replace the motherboard. It will still be a little cheaper than the original price tag. Super irritating, I went with a pretty spec'd out version   Should have just spent the money on a MAC. Good luck 

1 Message

October 19th, 2022 21:00

same issue here dell xps 15 9520

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

September 7th, 2024 11:51

Same issue on dell xps 15 9510

No Events found!