Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

5 Posts

June 14th, 2020 11:00

XPS 15 9570, (A7) Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpilock failed and no audio output device installed

Hi,

Since the BIOS update to 1.16.2, my XPS has problems starting up.

After the Dell logo, the message "(A7) Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpilock Failed" appears for 1-2 minutes and then he started normally. After logging in, the message "No audio output device installed" appears.

I have already searched for solutions, but nothing helps.

• Downgrading the BIOS
  • Update the BIOS to 1.16.2
  • Intel chipset and Intel Management Engine components are updated

For the audio problem I tried to install the Realtek driver again. To do this, the current one need to be uninstalled and reboot. After the restart the new driver can be installed.

After the restart and before installing the Realtek driver, the audio output is working again and Realtek is not shown in Device Manager. After a few minutes, however, Realtek reappears in Device Manager and the audio output no longer works.

I hope someone can help me, thank you very much.

12 Posts

February 10th, 2021 21:00

The service menu and Dell say 30 seconds but it took mine almost a minute of holding the power button down before it reset the CMOS and NVRAM you can tell when it does it because it will get a error when it starts up telling you the time and date need to be set.

Good Luck!

2 Posts

April 6th, 2021 12:00

Do you hold the power button down while it is booting up or after you restart it?

Thank you!

12 Posts

April 7th, 2021 22:00

When its turned off hold the power button down for 60 seconds or longer when it starts up it will tell you the time and date isn't set .. then you will know you have cleared the CMOS

Hope this helps

6 Posts

April 9th, 2021 18:00

I can only assume you mean with the charger and battery disconnected?

4 Posts

May 16th, 2021 08:00

I did the upgrade recently to BIOS 1.19.0 and same two problems happened

I did fixed the audio problem by changing the driver to HD audio

But the Me FW Downgrade error message still there

Can you please update if you get any solution?

July 3rd, 2021 21:00

i'am facing the same problem on every boot startup this (A7) Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpilock failed appear.

It occur's after i've updated my Dell E7270 with the latest BIOS 1.28.3

Hope there will be new update from Dell to resolve this problem.

1 Message

January 30th, 2022 07:00

I have this problem. The audio solution fixed the audio problem, but the a7 fw downgrade problem remains. I can't find the solution anywhere, but this is my exact model and symptom; so, I'm going to wait for a solution here. 

3 Posts

February 1st, 2022 17:00

My XPS 9570 started having the same issue from today..

1 Message

February 6th, 2022 08:00

My Precision 5520 has the same issue, (A7) Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpilock failed. It boots occasionally, most of the time it takes around 8 retries before it boots. 

3 Posts

February 9th, 2022 10:00

was the same here regarding the multiple attempts before it would reboot. Attempted the Bios update that usually failed because the system would not reboot to do this, and after multiple attempts, the bios installer kicked in, but after that the XPS is unbootable. Keyboard lights come on and turn off in a few seconds. Sent it in for diagnostics, will report back on what they find and ask me to shell out

3 Posts

February 17th, 2022 14:00

got a quote for $220 to fix MotherBoard & trackpad issue. I am going for it.

4 Posts

July 1st, 2022 08:00

How to resolve the (A7) Me Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock Failed --

xps aio 

XPS 27 7760

i can't do nothing

i tried install bios by normal mode, by dos mode --> same message

i tried install a new windows. -->same message 

4 Posts

July 1st, 2022 20:00

any solution, non what above worked!! still in same error!

No Events found!