Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

6 Posts

September 9th, 2022 14:00

XPS 15 9570, Bios 1.26.0, slow boot, battery life, hot charging

XPS 15 9570

XPS 15 9570

OK, so the $1799 Dell XPS 15 9570 laptop has had a pile of issues starting of course right after the warranty ended on October 30, 2019. We had on previous occasions replaced the ram ( went with 8gb as 16 was $$$), had it cleaned and serviced. Now we had to replace the SSD which started having issues going to windows and would hit or miss boot. 

** PROBLEM START HERE: We replaced the m2 with a KNOWN good backup unit I had and went online to create media to REINSTALL windows 11 which we have ran for a year without any issues. Reinstalled OS and everything was fine. It suggested a list of updates and on the bottom was DELL FIRMWARE 0.1.26.0 . so we installed the updates it requested. at the end it said it needed a restart to continue and we did. when it turned back on there was a HUGE dell logo and it started updating things and didn't ask if we wanted it or anything, it took like 10 minutes. upon reboot we noticed the post sort of hung on the normal little dell logo for about a minute THEN you'd see the whirling circle as it booted and 3 seconds later back in windows. thought it was finishing its thing or whatever. then noticed after shutting down and firing up it did it again. went into windows and used the laptop for awhile, maybe an hour and it said the battery was low which was odd as it lasted forever before this. SO we charged it some while installing support assistant which did the full diagnostic through troubleshooter. it said there were 6 driver updates, and also cleaned 3 things in the registry. restart and same issue. Unplugged or plugged in it does the same thing. I was beat and gave up for the night and turned OFF ( not sleep). This morning I grabbed it and put it on the kitchen table and plugged it in. I went and brushed my teeth etc and after maybe 15 minutes came out and the laptop was very warm to the touch on top, and in the battery area and bottom in general.so I unplugged and let cool for 4 hours. Turned on and went into windows and battery said 71 percent and i plugged it in while I mad coffee it charged and did not warm up again? unplugged and within a halfish hour it said 63%. I checked power setting and set for battery saver. Tried dell chat for a fix of some kind, told the guy and got the well its out of warranty and we don't care unless you throw money at us. i told him this want my issue and he emailed me to send him pics of the bios update not giving me any choice so i did. still not his issue. so I called, girl tried helping and contacted her supervisor who LIED and said there are no bios issues or bugs( first search said over 600 complaints on forum). so I hung up and tried to downgrade the bios as she suggested. it hung the first time, worked the second and problem was still there.>>>>

Everyone who got it solved was asked to PM a tech, or moderator so id like to hear from someone. i paid thousands of dollars for a laptop thats been non stop headaches for 3 years. At this point id like a whole new HIGH end laptop.

20220908_231435.jpg20220909_040124.jpg20220909_040234.jpg20220909_040602.jpg20220909_040652.jpg

September 13th, 2022 14:00

Can't even post as it's instantly tagged as spam even after contact support. messaged the Dell cares "moderators" 7 times and still no response. Is it common to ignore customers who paid small fortunes to dell? 

September 13th, 2022 14:00

When we first got our 9570 it worked great for about a year. Right around the warranty end it had a freezing issue as described, occasionally slowed to a crawl elsewhere. All diagnostics tests came back as passed , both in windows and at boot. We were in a bind and the laptop became unusable and took to a larger shop in rochester, they said they know his issue with the 7590 and it's common. The answer was the ram that time. Changed it and laptop worked perfectly for awhile till the first mvme died, and so on. Now we have a issue where Dell forced a bios update through windows update and now have a issue with slow post, battery life, and more. 

• 

17K Posts

September 15th, 2022 07:00

MYLASTDELLSOPEEVED,

Your account has been fixed.  You had duplicate messages vas well other issues.  

September 23rd, 2022 08:00

Thanks Jesse. I messaged the top solution givers but still no answers or info. This is insanely disheartening. It wasn't a $200 Walmart laptop. It was a $1800 laptop and repairs were over $600 right at the warranty end. After the update the laptop is what I'd have to call unstable. HELP

October 5th, 2022 11:00

Well, it's been weeks without a reply from any of the top rated techs who had the highest reply rates. No one replies? No one seems to care because the laptop is out of warranty!? I have been buying dells since 1998, and this is very very disheartening. If I do not get some response/resolution soon I will have to persue other venues to get resolution. Saying we cant help because your out of warranty even though we pushed in a update is like having your contractor tell you he isnt responsible for the foundation being made of inferior materials. if you dont want responsibillity then by all means DONT send updates to and through microsoft. I want a resolution before october 20th. If someone does not step up I will do what I have to as this laptop has had more down time than up time since owning it.  

October 12th, 2022 20:00

Sooo.... Dell support doesn't seem to car in the least. I guess I will have to file a claim. I'll give this 24 hours for Dell to do the right thing. Then I'll do everything I can muster to bring this to a end. 

No Events found!