Re: XPS 15 9570 - Not resuming from sleep

RyanMJ,

Did the issue get resolved on your computer with the drivers install?

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
RyanMJ
1 Nickel

Hi @DELL-Jesse L 

No the updated drivers did not resolve the sleep/screen hang issue a day after I did all the updates from your post I found the laptop unresponsive after leaving it open on my desk for a while.

I have been trying to isolate what causes these intermittent freezes, in all cases I think the screen was open this most recent time the laptop was on AC and sitting at my desk with the screen open. Again I do not think it had gone to sleep per say rather switched off the screen and does not respond. I have tried both keyboard and mouse as well as touching the fingerprint reader and repeatedly pressing the power button. None of these resolve the issue only holding the power button down to force a shutdown and then rebooting.

Highlighted

RyanMJ,

Click the link below to update the harddrive Firmware. 

Toshiba KXG50ZNV256G/KXG50ZNV512G/KXG50ZNV1T02 non-SED Solid State Drive Firmware Update

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
0 Kudos

RyanMJ,

Did the firmware resolve the issue? 

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Out of Warranty Support
0 Kudos
RyanMJ
1 Nickel

I have not had this issue since the one time after the graphics driver update, so hopefully there was a fix in there that took a while to flush system. The problem resolved before I did the Toshiba firmware but I have since done that update. I will start a new thread if the issue reappears in the future but have not had an issue since my last post and I have been using the sleep function regularly to test.
0 Kudos