2 Iron

Re: XPS 9570 bring back the 78C GPU set-point

I don't think Frank is going to respond to my twitter question, lol.

Highlighted
1 Copper

1.2.2 verios is the one with 78C limit not the 1.3.0 (which has 74/75 limit).

Highlighted
2 Iron

Odd that it wasn't noticed until 1.3.1.  Anyway Dell only has a couple of weeks to make this right before I return my laptop. 

Highlighted
2 Bronze

I don't think they will fix this one. I believe they intentionally did this and they don't care about technical customers.

Highlighted
1 Copper

I have an amateur question. What happen if I restore my XPS 9570 to factory settings or to an earlier copy of my system, will the BIOS also return to its factory setting version / earlier copy version?

I'm asking this because it seems that BIOS 1.2.2 doesn't have this problem, an the one that I'm having:

https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/Laptop-not-using-NVidia-GPU-BIOS-related-GPU-bug/m-p/6212789#M201...

Highlighted
2 Iron

Resetting your system to factory settings or restoring windows will not change your bios version. 

Highlighted
2 Iron

Dell closed my case and was happy to report my issue was resolved?  What?  No it was not resolved.

Highlighted
2 Iron

Dell doesn't seem to really care about the GPU issues with the 9570:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-denies-that-the-XPS-15-9570-may-have-a-BIOS-related-GPU-issue.366...

Highlighted
2 Iron

Well I ordered a Lenovo X1 Extreme that will take 2 weeks to ship out to me.  If Dell can't fix the bios by then I'm going to return it.

Highlighted
2 Iron

New bios is out but it doesn't fix any of the issues with the GPU.  Way to go Dell.