Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 7th, 2019 13:00

XPS 15 9570 - issue with last Realtek driver

Hi, 

Since "DELL Update" updated my sound driver I've no sound anymore.

The "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver 6.0.1.8642 (A05)" is installed but Windows is saying "No audio device installed". And the device manager know the device as "Realtek(R) Audio"... The diagnostic tool of Windows does not detect anything...

Someone else has encountered this problem ?

3 Posts

September 23rd, 2019 17:00

So for me the sound got all tinny and base was pretty OP. I decided to reinstall the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver from the dell site.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/servicetag/0-L1Z4K1pLeTM4QXhrOVJrbVNwR0RTZz090/drivers

and things are all good now. At least way better than before.

1 Message

April 8th, 2019 13:00

I didn't lose sound but after the the Realtek A05 update installed the sound quality on my machine plummeted. Instantly sounded awful. Very grainy and overly bassy, as if the audio was coming from the bottom of a bass speaker Reverted back to the A04 driver but the sound quality has not returned to the level it was before the update. Perhaps some artifacts from the A05 update are causing issues.

Feels like the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver 6.0.1.8642 (A05) was quite an unstable release if it can cause two such drastic results?

2 Posts

April 9th, 2019 06:00

I don't know if this will help y'all, but it fixed my problem with the sound. Download the new driver from the dell website. Go to device manager in windows and delete the device. Make sure to check the box to delete the driver also. Run the driver you downloaded. This is were I got the idea. https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-reinstall-the-realtek-hd-audio-codec-driver

2 Posts

April 9th, 2019 06:00

I am having the same issue. Sound got very bad after last update. 

1 Message

April 11th, 2019 06:00

Same issue on a XPS 9570. After a windows update the speakers disappear. Reinstall the drivers from the dell site and after the reboot the speakers show back up and work for all of about 7 seconds. Then the devices drop out and windows can not see any speakers on the computer. That's for the onboard speakers and the 3.5 jack. The dell monitor is still listed but no sound comes from it.

1 Message

April 11th, 2019 12:00

Same issue here (garbled sound, poor quality, etc. after A05 driver update).  Rollback of the driver did not fix the issue.  System restore to a point before the driver install restored the sound quality.

7 Posts

April 13th, 2019 02:00

Thank you for your replies,

I found a solution (from here) to replace the "Intel Smart Sound" controller by a generic audio controller : 

1. Go to the device manager
  2. Set view by connections
  3. Find the Intel Smart Sound controller
  4. Right click on it, then on "Update driver"
  5. Choose a manual update
  6. Choose from available drivers the "High Definition Audio" controller
  7. Then the sound should be back !

3 Posts

May 10th, 2019 08:00

I did this, but before some sound comes through my headphones there is a very loud plop sound.

edit: That solution comes from this reddit post

1 Message

May 13th, 2019 09:00

this is terrible, i have the same issue.  after the driver update, the internal speakers do not work.  i tried to roll back the update but speakers are still not recognized.  It would show and work for about a minute, then go back to not detecting it.

I've resorted to using bluetooth headphones, but the sound quality is off and the connection keeps dropping when it normally holds unless nothing is playing.  very frustrating

31 Posts

May 25th, 2019 09:00

For me the latest audio drivers completely broke my system. Headphones now do not work anymore. I'm sick of these ticking bomb updates. 

2 Posts

June 1st, 2019 22:00

Hi.
Same thing for my pc. I just uninstalled the Realtek driver and I installed manually a driver downloaded from Realtek website instead (the heaviest one, more than 400 MB). I don't know which version is it, but with it, I finally have the audio manager (Wave MaxxAudioPro), the jack is working properly, and so does the microphone. Sound quality is good again.

1 Message

July 28th, 2019 23:00

The solution provided by amanen solved my problem! My sound quality was super squished and limited and bass heavy and now it isn't! Thank you!!

August 4th, 2019 14:00

I exactly had the same **bleep**ing problem. Dell please do **bleep**, solve your stuff please. Customers are not satisfied with the your stupid audio **bleep**, despite having paid a very high prize for this laptop

3 Posts

September 23rd, 2019 17:00

Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Windows10 Driver (32/64bits) Driver only (Executable file)

R2.82

2017/07/26

422 MB

This one?

1 Message

September 25th, 2019 03:00

Thanks a lot!!! It has worked.

No Events found!