Highlighted
amt-jr
1 Copper

Re: XPS 15 9570 Keyboard Skipping Keys

My update for Precision 5530:

Technician has inserted new keyboard. Problem still exists. Waiting for other parts, even motherboard...  

Highlighted
Caz74
1 Copper

@DELL-Justin C,

Thanks for the update on 7/13. Any update from Dell Engineering by chance?

Highlighted
DarkOneX2
2 Iron

Just wanted to chime in that Im having this same issue, noticed it while on vacation this week and it's starting to drive me mad.  This is also my work laptop and primary computer so this is going to make me want to get somethig else if nothing can be done to fix this.  

Also note that any spelling mistakes I made in this post I left intentionally to show where my key presses didn't register (the apostrophe in I'm and the n in something).

ASUS ROG Strix Hero III G731GV-DB74 | i7-9750H | 32GB DDR4-2666 | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB | 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVME | 2TB Crucial MX500 SSD | 17.3" IPS 1080p 144Hz 3ms
Highlighted
jeking3
1 Copper

I escalated the issue and now have a contact in the Advanced Resolution Group.  I will reply with updates as the issue progresses.  As of right now I have no additional information.

Highlighted
amt-jr
1 Copper

The same issue in Precision 5530. Will BIOS update fix it? When???!!!! Got my laptop 3 days ago 😞   Writing this post is a headache

Highlighted
TomSe1980
1 Copper

Hi all,

Owner of a new XPS 15 FHD model here and I'm also experiencing this issue. It happens randomly to any key and multiple times per sentence. I don't think this is hardware related as it would be more consistent... Feels to me it is software related. 

It is driving me crazy and for any laptop (certainly one for this price) the keyboard should function properly, it is really unacceptable.

I use this laptop for work, so I really need this fixed. Hopefully a BIOS fix will be able to resolve this as for the rest I'm pretty happy with my laptop. I'll be working on an external keyboard most of the time, but on the go, this needs to be fixed.

Looking forward to a solution!

Highlighted
DarkOneX2
2 Iron

Any new updates yet?  We need this fixed immediately!

ASUS ROG Strix Hero III G731GV-DB74 | i7-9750H | 32GB DDR4-2666 | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB | 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVME | 2TB Crucial MX500 SSD | 17.3" IPS 1080p 144Hz 3ms
Highlighted
back_slash
1 Copper

Hello,

I am from France.

I have got this problem too, even after a full keyboard and palmrest replacement.

I bought this laptop for work, it is actually a nightmare to use it ! Password, email adresses... every missed key are a pain !

I am thinking about sending it back...

This is completely absurd. I've had this laptop for two months now and I am extremely disappointed. I tried contacting Dell support and received basically no help. They keep wanting me to return my laptop to the service center. I have explained numerous times this is clearly a BIOS issue, not hardware, and that replacing the keyboard has not resolved the exact same problem that tons of people are reporting. They won't even acknowledge this. Returning this laptop this week. I used to love the XPS 15 line and now wouldn't recommend it to anyone. What terrible quality control...

Highlighted
Andrea_ET
1 Copper

Maybe I found a solution!

I have verified that restoring the PC to factory settings via SupportAssist from bios, and avoiding Windows updates, the keyboard problem does not occur, but after the first cumulative updates, the keyboard starts to "lost keys".

I can't agree to keep an outdated version of Windows so I looked for a way to install the latest one.

After trying all the possible recovery and update procedures, I tried the most drastic one: recreating and formatting the disk partitions and installing the latest version of Windows 10 (1803).

At the end of the setup, running WITHOUT Internet connection, I suspended the updates to avoid surprises and I activated the WiFi connection.

I installed the missing drivers from "Device Manager" and let Windows download the latest version automatically.

I saved a "restore point" and installed the SupportAssist from the DELL website (but I didn't update the two proposed drivers that didn't seem essential).

At the moment the problem of missing keys seems to be solved!

I still don't know which Windows update created the problem, but it seems that I don't need a BIOS update.

Obviously, DELL should provide a better solution, but if any of you can do it, I hope that this method solves the problem as I do (I can not guarantee that it will work)

It's a cruel world 😉