Dell-Alan D
1 Copper

Re: XPS 9370 Fan Noise

Hi @Jeroen0494, thanks for the public posts around the information you are providing to my colleague JC. I'll leave you in his very capable fans.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
Jeroen0494
1 Copper

Hi Alan,

I to am experiencing this grinding noise. After applying the latest BIOS update the grinding noise is gone, however the laptop doesn't cool properly anymore. When I stress the laptop, the temperature skyrockets to 90C, then starts throtteling and lowers to 70C, climbs to 80C and THEN the fan kicks in. It seems however only one of the fans actually works properly, the other one does spin, but not out of itself it seems.

This temperature is still rather high and doesn't solve the fact that it shoudn't be grinding in the first place. And that is basically throttels by default.

I live in the Netherlands, can you send me a pm as well with my options? Obviously I want the fan to be fixed/replaced.

Kind regards,

Jeroen

0 Kudos
Dell-Alan D
1 Copper

@Jeroen0494 wrote:

Hi Alan,

I to am experiencing this grinding noise. After applying the latest BIOS update the grinding noise is gone, however the laptop doesn't cool properly anymore. When I stress the laptop, the temperature skyrockets to 90C, then starts throtteling and lowers to 70C, climbs to 80C and THEN the fan kicks in. It seems however only one of the fans actually works properly, the other one does spin, but not out of itself it seems.

This temperature is still rather high and doesn't solve the fact that it shoudn't be grinding in the first place. And that is basically throttels by default.

I live in the Netherlands, can you send me a pm as well with my options? Obviously I want the fan to be fixed/replaced.

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Hi @Jeroen0494, I'll drop you a private message and then advise your options.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
Robster1980
1 Copper

Same with mine, my old big Lenovo doesn’t even make this much noise. The laptop also freezes every now and then. No clear reason. Reinstalled Windows, drivers, ran diagnostics, nothing helps.

Goes back after the weekend, a shame for a 1700 euro laptop! Lost 2 days of my time trying to let it work like it should straight out of the box.

Same here. As soon as I connect the AC plug the fan kicks in... even if no load on system.

After I remove AC plug the fan turns quiet after 10s.

Is there a solution?

0 Kudos
Ozab1979
1 Copper

Dell! Same here, fan noise, i didnt expect this, paid a lot of money for it.
0 Kudos
marchaos
1 Copper

Same here. If I change to "quiet" in the dell power management, it stops the fans, but they soon start up again until I change to another option and back the "quiet". Going to return if not resolved as this is super annoying (along with the trackpad freezing issue). 

0 Kudos
DanielBMLago
1 Copper

First day with XPS 13 9370 and realy a loud fan noise even without multiple demanding tasks. Dell are you there? Too expensive no to be adressed.

0 Kudos
Fabian Hickl
1 Copper

Exactly the same issue here. Further i am also experiencing system freezes and slight coil whine. 

Very annoying for such a high end and expensive machine. I am thinking of returning as well!

Dell? Are you reading these posts? Are you working on these points? Is there a fix for those common issues? 

So much time invested and nothing solved yet! Really disappointing ...

0 Kudos
Besserwisser
1 Copper

I just started Norton's usual virus scan while the XPS is charging. It is whining so loud that I can hear it even though it is on another floor. 

Super annoying. I will probably return it because of it. 

0 Kudos