Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 16th, 2018 15:00

XPS 15 9570, slow boot

I just took delivery of a new 9570 XPS 15, and the boot time is twice that of my 3 year old M3800 workstation. Disappointing to say the least! 

22 Posts

July 18th, 2018 11:00

I also decided to upgrade from my XPS 9530 that boot up instantly (which I had dual drives running - ssd for boot and work, HDD for archive). This new 9570 takes almost 10 seconds and without any lights on the power button or anywhere else I don't even know if it's on until the screen finally comes on...not thrilled so far. DELL What gives?

26 Posts

July 18th, 2018 12:00

After some back and forward with Tech support, a BIOS factory setting reset (and some setting changes), a Windows factory restore, I'm back where I began. Power button to welcome screen at 30+ seconds.

There was mention on a different forum that a motherboard replacement solved the issue for others, but since this is a new unit I'm reluctant to get a "refurbished" part replacement.

Will give Dell another shot if they're willing to replace the unit as a whole (although reluctant in case the replacement has a louder coil whine), otherwise its getting returned for a refund.

There's surprisingly little in regards to people discussing slow boot issues on the 9570 out there, wonder if that's because it's a new model, or is the problem actually uncommon. 

1 Message

September 11th, 2020 11:00

I have exactly the same problem. The laptop starts 30s, where the 7-year-old laptop in which I changed the disk starts up in a maximum of 10 seconds. It's a bit annoying. I bought a refurbished computer, maybe this is a problem. Someone didn't want him and I was fooled.

No Events found!