Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

June 24th, 2019 07:00

XPS 9570 - Bios can not update

Dear Team,

I have a problem with my Dell XPS 9570. I downloaded new bios on Dell Website, but after double click to install, it not show anything

Currently my bios is: BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.10.1, 4/26/2019

Would you kindly to check for me

Regards,

• 

17K Posts

June 26th, 2019 06:00

Trong CIO,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

* The AC power adapter should be connected to the Laptop

* The Laptop is not connected to any dock

* Disconnect all external devices (USB HDD, monitor, printer, etc.) from the Laptop

* Download/Save XPS_9570_1.11.2.exe to the Windows deskop

* Restart the Laptop

* Close all unnecessary software applications (Steam, Anti-virus, etc. )

* Find the saved BIOS file on the Windows desktop

* Right click the file and choose, "Run as administrator". Note, you do not need to "extract" the file. Just run it

What happens?

June 27th, 2019 16:00

Why doesn't the regular Dell Update tool work for this?

• 

17K Posts

June 25th, 2019 09:00

Trong CIO,

You may also want to disable the antivirus program if one is installed.

Updating the BIOS from Windows

Note 1: Before updating the BIOS, ensure that you suspend BitLocker encryption on a BitLocker-enabled system. If BitLocker is not enabled on your system, you can ignore this step.
Note 2: Do not turn off the power or interrupt the BIOS update process during the update.

Download and Installation
1. Click Download File, to download the file.
2. Click Save to save the file to your hard drive.
3. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file.
The system restarts automatically and updates the BIOS at the system startup screen. After the BIOS update is complete, system restarts again.

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

June 25th, 2019 14:00

Dear Jesse, I followed with your guide but same issue. No antivirus installed. After double click the installation file, nothing run Regards,

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

June 27th, 2019 19:00

They just updated on Dell Update Tool. And now I can update from Dell Update Tool
No Events found!