Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 10th, 2020 00:00

XPS13 7390 2-in-1 - Turn on when in tablet mode

Setup: XPS 13 in Tablet mode as a second monitor. One monitor (HDMI) and external keyboard hooked up through USB Hub. One bluetooth mouse.

When I am away from my desk for an extended period of time the XPS goes into sleep mode. Which is fine. However, upon returning I have not found another way to turn the XPS 13 back on but to close and reopen the lid.

Question: Is there another means of turning the XPS 13 back on whilst in tablet mode not being as invasive as to close and reopen the lid??

• 

25.7K Posts

February 10th, 2020 00:00

Hi Maloche, does the steps shared initially in this thread help with this? Also, if you press the power button for 2-3 seconds does it boot the system? ^AM

1 Rookie

• 

58 Posts

February 11th, 2020 07:00

press on the power button will do

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 10th, 2020 07:00

The 7390 is a Modern Standby system and is in low power mode when the display is off.  You can use a Bluetooth device, such as an active Pen to turn the display on or just touching the power button should do the job.

I have had my 9365 system for over two years and I always thought there should be a better way to wake the display but using the touchscreen but that just doesn't seem to work.

I have not used my system as and external monitor so your situation may be different.

4 Posts

February 12th, 2020 05:00

I falsely assumed the power button not to be active in Tablet mode. Using the power button to turn on the XPS 13 works fine. Thanks.

No Events found!