Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

3 Posts

May 27th, 2019 08:00

motherboard for change and missing tag

hi

I have problem with laptop xps 9560

basically I bought damaged laptop which had damaged motherboard ,Motherboard been removed from laptop few weeks  ago, I did try  buy second hand motherboard but without any luck so I need buy new one (bloody expensive)  .

I know that new motherboard​ will be required to provide service tag which i don't have ,stickers/flaps from the bottom is missing also stickers from inside so I would like ask for new  service tag from dell (that possible) as i don't want to writing XXXXXXX or 1234567

detelis about laptop 

i7  7700 Quad Core 2.8GHz CPU - YH90J  -that was fitted originally so will be same  

16gb ram ballistic

Intel wifi card

256 ssd memory- not sure if working

screen uhd 4k  

what I can do about that situation? 

May 28th, 2019 07:00

Hi

Can someone send me email or same other way to contact with dell without express/service tag 

as i need ask for new service tag for new motherboard

ThankYou

2 Intern

• 

2.5K Posts

May 28th, 2019 08:00

here is how to test that mobo (both )

remove all things not needed first.

SSD, HDD, all usb devices, unplugged.

then remove all RAM but 1 stick (if 2 sticks try each 1 by 1 not together.. until BIOS works.

now do not have any huge flat big battery connected. DO NOT. (until PC runs ok, see?) batteries do short and overload VRM's so keep that battery the heck out until way later.

now use only the AC pack and do not guess what pack it must be correct, and with the rated WATTS MINIMUM>! (volts right , watts correct or more)  130watts for the 13" screen model , yours not stated.

if you use some old 65watt pack it will never ever work right. ok>?

next power on and make sure the Dell logo POP's, this IS BIOS talking to you; does it do that? , It must this is goal#1

if that fails put in new RTC COIN cell now, below 2.9vdc they are NO GOOD. 3.3v par new.

If bios fails to POP logo DELL or the hot keys for BIOS are ALL dead then the power supplies are dead.

VRM dead' (onboard voltage regulators)

or the last guy bricked it burn FLASHING Firmware ,Upgrading it. wrong.

also if the screen is 100% dead , use an external screen per your users manual.

some PC have hot key to wake up the VIDEO port. the manual shows 1 HDMI port.

fn + F8 is the hot key FOR switch to external display, HDMI TV or HDMI monitors.

2 Intern

• 

2.5K Posts

the tag is in bios 1st screen

the tag is made matching many things.

your country

all options day 1 opted,  and more, all things unique and many day 1. your PC

changing this is not necessary at all.

changing this  tag data real or Bios virtual tag, will not  make this PC work again,...

but sure BIOS screens most and is why I posted all the above for you... what I do in a shop is that.

make sure the heat sinks all work of the CPU or GPU will shut down !!!

2 Intern

• 

2.5K Posts

you can buy a used mobo of ebay that  works used.

the bottom of this pC has XPS only on the bottom , no tag

but the BIOS info page  shows all this but let me guess, BIOS IS DEAD TOO.

if you buy a used mobo, tell the seller 2 things, NO DOA< and no BIOS passwords of any kind allowed.

oK?

wow used mobo $400 and even that high damaged,. what a rip that is.?

id never pay that for any laptop, you buy by 4 good used working laptops for $400 , no really.

im in the USA and used PCs are GLUT here, endless to the extreme and no need to pay out the nose.

that tiny mobo must be have .3 troy ounces of gold in it some where, no?

gen7 cpu and gtx1050 and both married to it for  life.... and why it costs so much.

$50 mobo with  $350 for the 2 chip. CPU/GPU married. (soldered down)

if find a pC that the CPU comes out. then no need to by CPU each time.

I have z270 desktop with those 2 chips and built for fraction of your $1800 brick. sorry for your LOSS!!!

May 29th, 2019 05:00

Thank You for Your help but I dont have any more old ''mobo'' 
so Your advice is to buy second hand matherboard NO DOA- i believe that is already with tag,
what will be happened if I will buy brend new what I can do then ?

Thank You

No Events found!