Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 17th, 2010 04:00

Desktop Provisioning Via SCVMM issue in vworkspace 7.2

Hello,

I am evaluating vWorkspace 7.2 and found out when i create a new Desktop using Managment Server on SCVMM, the status bar only shows "in-progress" and green bar for actual progress does not show up, infact the desktop was created on Hyper-V but "in-progress" status does not disappear.

Is this is some bug in vworkspace or i have to make addition changes in configuration for make it fixed

Thanks for all your support

cheers,

Mohit Goyal

80 Posts

December 27th, 2010 09:00

Hey Dennis,

I got the issue, i totally missed out to upgrade Broker Helper Server to 7.2 as soon as i upgraded it, everything started as it should

thanks for all your help

cheers

Mohit Goyal

173 Posts

December 17th, 2010 11:00

What happens if you manually ‘update the power states’ when this happens?

December 19th, 2010 09:00

Hi Mohit,

Can you send us some screenshots about this specific issue ..

Did you install PNTools inside the SCVMM template ?

Did you import this tempate into vWorkspace ?

Did you deploy this template from vWorkspace ?

Did you install the Broker Helper Service on the SCVMM server ?

- Dennis

80 Posts

December 20th, 2010 11:00

Hello Dennis,

As required please find attached screenshot of the issue. this is really funny ( please check encircle points), i started reprovisioning of computer on 12/17/2010 IST and it is still reprovisioning

Below are the reply for your quires

Did you install PNTools inside the SCVMM template ?

Answer : No i did not but does it really matters, it can be installed anyways after provisioning Template.

Did you import this tempate into vWorkspace ?

Answer : Yes i imported the template then started creating a virtual Desktop.

Did you deploy this template from vWorkspace ?

Answer: Yes i am deploying this template from vWorkspace only. you may see it in attached screenshot.

Did you install the Broker Helper Service on the SCVMM server ?

Answer: yes, Broker Helper Service is installed on SCVMM server, infact this was working very fine with vWorkspace 7.1 MR1

Please let me know what else information you would require.

Thanks

Mohit Goyal

173 Posts

December 21st, 2010 06:00

Can you post the connection broker log here for when the time that you

· Create a VM that does not ‘update’

· Manually update the power states?

80 Posts

Hey Michel,

i am sorry, yes i tried to update  the Power State as well but nothing changed.whereas i can see and login to the Virtual Desktop Created via SCVMM in Hyper-V

thanks,

Mohit Goyal

173 Posts

Hi Mohit,

Could you answer my question as well? :-)

December 24th, 2010 05:00

Hello Mohit,

I doing some tests over here with Desktop Provisioning via SCVMM with vWorkspace 7.2 , I reproduced your setup so I can better assist you.

I have some additional questions..

Are you using sysprep within vWorkspace or do you use the native SCVMM sysprep functionality ?

Are you deploying with standard storage or with Rapid Provisioning ?

Did you uninstall the Broker Helper Service 7.1 MR1 from your SCVMM server and than installed Broker Helper Service 7.2 ?

Can you still deploy when usign only SCVMM ?

Can you send us some screenshots how you do the provisioning, like fields you fill into the wizards (add computers and sysprep). Also how you configured the SCVMM Management server within vWorkspace.

- Dennis

80 Posts

December 24th, 2010 05:00

I had created a new VM using SCVMM and when the VM was created and did not show any status for power state update , i did manually power state update. please find attached logs generated while doing power update.

80 Posts

December 25th, 2010 02:00

Hello Dennis,

Are you using sysprep within vWorkspace or do you use the native SCVMM sysprep functionality ?

Answer : I am using sysprep within vworkspace.

Are you deploying with standard storage or with Rapid Provisioning ?

Answer: I am deploying with Rapid Provisioning.

Did you uninstall the Broker Helper Service 7.1 MR1 from your SCVMM server and than installed Broker Helper Service 7.2 ?

Answer: no i did not uninstall Broker Helper Service, It is still 7.1 MR1. i completely forgot to reinstall broker for 7.2 do you think this could be the reason?

Can you still deploy when usign only SCVMM ?

Answer: yes i am able to deply using SCVMM.

i will get back to you once i installed Broker Helper Service 7.2

Thanks for support

cheers,

Mohit Goyal

No Events found!