Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 5th, 2011 03:00

Mac User Question

Hi:

There are a number of Mac users at our firm that connect to the company Windows machines through the java client of vWorkspace.  Once logged on, however, the java session takes over the screen and there does not appear to be any way to minimize the session to get back to the local machine.  Has anyone experienced this issue or found a work around?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

4 Posts

January 17th, 2011 23:00

Greg,

This sounds very encouraging.  I will ask the admin to make the adjustments (hopefully it will actually happen) and then I will update the board so others will know if this is a fix and then I can mark this question answered. 

Thanks so much!

53 Posts

January 5th, 2011 14:00

Hi,

Have you considered using the vWorkspace Connector for Mac OS X (available for download from quest.com/vworkspace) instead of using the Connector for Java?

4 Posts

January 6th, 2011 01:00

Not that I am aware of.  Is there a significant difference for users as opposed to coming in through the web interface?  Thanks for the response!

92 Posts

January 10th, 2011 17:00

rustknot,
We default our Java users to 800x600 display res and then allow them to change it.
I downloaded the Mac OSX connector and found that all you have to do is select the Windows Connector Option on the Web-IT webpage and it works fine, so the user does not have to configure the Mac connector.
-Polen

4 Posts

February 12th, 2011 13:00

Just so everyone knows, once my administrator loaded the Mac OSX connector, I was able to work on both my PC and mac at the same time.  It is something I have been wanting for a long time and am very pleased it worked.  Thanks to the community on the great feedback.  Helped me get the ball rolling to get the issue resolved.  Thanks again!!

No Events found!