Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2011 05:00

New WYSE ThinOS support for vWorkspace

Does anybody know whether the new Wyse ThinOS will support vWorkspace? It has Citrix, Microsoft and VMWare View support right off the bat. It makes it very difficult for us to compete with Citrix etc if we get no help from Quest in terms of vendor support.

173 Posts

January 11th, 2011 13:00

There are more knowledgeable people on this forum that might be able to answer this question in more details but any vendor can embed our client should they wish.

Make sure that you let Wyse know to contact us and I am sure we can help them.

17 Posts

January 12th, 2011 04:00

Hi Michel,

This is not the answer I was looking for to be honest. It is surely up to Quest to approach these vendors and partner with them to promote the adoption of their own software. If you guys are not going to put in the effort, I cannot see the benefit in punting your software. It is surely not up to me to get your software oem'd on appliances.

53 Posts

January 13th, 2011 14:00

Hi Morne,

Wyse ThinOS can provide basic connection brokering to vWorkspace today (let me know if you need further information on configuring this or contact Quest Technical Support) and we are working with Wyse to provide further functionality in the future. I cant provide any dates or further details at this stage. Until then there is a wide range of thin client vendors and devices to choose from which fully support vWorkspace.

Hope this helps

-Keith

When you say 'new Wyse ThinOS' did you have a particular version in mind? Weve been working with it for a while so just wanted to check which release you had in mind.

Thanks

-Keith

No Events found!