Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 31st, 2016 21:00

USB redirection not working

Hi guys,

im using Wyse thin client 5000 with vWorkspace 8.6, deploy with virtualization host VMware. I have a problem, USB is direction to VDI from thin client is not working, status on vWorkspace virtual USB as the above picture.

Anyone who has ever seen this problem? help me plz.

Sorry, my english not good! Thks!

April 1st, 2016 08:00

Hello,

Just to be clear, it will never appear in the vWorkspace USB hub when you are using a ThinOS machine. 

That is for when you're using Windows (and possibly Linux) but not ThinOS.

The devices redirected from ThinOS will appear directly in the Device Manager of the VDI.

However, they'll only do that if your WNOS.ini is configured to redirect them.

Thanks, Andrew.

April 1st, 2016 02:00

Good Morning, 

I believe that box is running ThinOS. 

ThinOS can do USB redirection but it doesn't do vWorkspace USB redirection so that control panel will always have that message.

What OS is your VDI running ?  I think RDP8 introduced USB redirection but a quick google will confirm. 

ThinOS can do MS RDP USB redirection so as long as your VDI can handle that, you should still be able to use USB redirection. 

2nd question, what are you trying to redirect? If it is a drive, you'll find drive redirection is faster in terms of transfer rate etc.

Thanks, Andrew.

3 Posts

April 1st, 2016 03:00

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your support.

This is the thin client im using, I trying to mount my usb on vdi, as you see in "Device Viewer" screen showed it worked with my device, but it does not work in VDI.

I tried on VDI running OS windows 10 and 8,1 , but it can not recognize my usb.

Thanks, 

3 Posts

April 4th, 2016 03:00

Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much! I have configured WNOS succeeds.

Regards, Thang Nguyen

No Events found!