Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2015 07:00

Web Access HTML5 connection capacity

I saw in the documentation that if you are to have a large number of connection using HTML5 that you need to increase the ram and CPU count.

The HTML5 connector is only supported on web servers running Windows Server 2012 or later. In order to support 300 simultaneous users, the web server will require a minimum of 8 GB of RAM and 8 vCPU cores for maximum scalability.

My question is, "what is the maximum simultaneous users for one web server?"

Thanks,

-Greg

57 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 14:00

Hi Greg,

I don't think we have a hard and fast answer for this especially if the server resources & bandwidth can be added to / increased but how many total users are you looking to support?

What devices are they looking to use?

We have a large array of native connectors now including a ChromeOS connector, new for 8.6 so we expect the HTML5 connector to be used for quick access / backup or niche use cases.

You can always use Monitoring and Diagnostics to measure the resource usage (CPU load, Memory usage, I/O) of your HTML5 web server as more users connect and report on it each month to plan for scalability. 

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Sam

92 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 14:00

Sam,

The clients will not have ability to install clients. We are looking at having about 1500 concurrent users running Windows.

With the new Microsoft Edge and Chrome Browsers not supporting Java, we have been asked to setup a Remote App to run IE and connect to a Java based website, so that they no longer need to manage Java on all the user's desktops and they don't want to install a client.

We have a POC setup now with Server 2012R2 RDSH to run the Remote App and it work well. We are looking to purchase about 1500 Premier vWorkspace licenses, so I wanted to talk about what would be the best way to provide this Remote App with HTML5. 

No Events found!