Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 23rd, 2013 11:00

pntsc create pit file credential pass-through

Hi,

I try to create a manual PIT with the pntsc.exe. I can create the PIT file with the application I want.

I even enable credential pass-through, but in the pntsc tool under "logon settings" you must specify logon credentials.

So when I copy the self made PIT to an another desktop the logon fails because of the wrong credentials. But credential pass-through is enabled...?

help :-)

43 Posts

May 31st, 2013 11:00

Hi Terry,

I found the solution. I created a case with David.

It turnsout that the 7.6 client I use the option "enable Credentials Pass-Through" was not saved. And that part is fixed in vWorkspace 8.0.

thnx for your help

29 Posts

May 24th, 2013 18:00

Sander,

When you save your pit file, any credentials are encrypted using the local machine encryption keys. When the pit file is copied to another computer, its local keys are unable to unencrypt the password because its keys are different. In other words, passwords are local to the machine where they are saved. To get around this, simply remove the username, password, and domain fields and uncheck the SAVE CREDENTIALS checkbox.

PIT.png

This will keep the encrypted password from being saved into the pit file and you can then copy it over to the other machine and then enter the username and pwd locally.

Interestingly, the "Enable credentials pass-through on this computer" doesn't set any attrbutes within the pit file. It too is local to the machine where the checkbox is checked. It actually enables the PNSSO Network Provider that provides the credential pass-through. So that checkbox is toggling local registry entries, not attributes in the pit file.

Hope this helps.

43 Posts

May 27th, 2013 07:00

Hi Terry,

I'm aware of that setting. The problem I have is:

Capture.PNG

1. I have to setup the connection -> no problems

2. I must add credentials

And I want to open this file at an another server, then I will get login errors.

29 Posts

May 28th, 2013 13:00

Sander,

The "Save As..." persists the configuration from all of the tabs at the time you click the button. So proceed as follows:

1) Fill in the Credentials on the second tabs as you note in your paragraph 2.

2) Configure "Connectivity..." to the Broker and then drop the Application listbox down and select your desired app.

3) With the app showing in the drop-down, go back over to the credenital tabs and remove the username, password, domain, and uncheck the save credentials checkbox.

4) Configure any other settings you desire on the Display, Local Resources, & Experience tabs

5) Click the General tab and now click "Save As..." and save your .pit file

Because you've selected the app while authenticating, the app will be saved, but because you cleared the encrypted values from the Credentials tabs, they will not be saved and you can now copy the pit over to the new client machine without getting the encryption errors.

43 Posts

May 30th, 2013 09:00

hi Terry,

Looks good did some tests.

Now when I open the pit file on a users desktop the pit file asks for credentials.... in the pit file I enabled "enable Credentials Pass-Through"

228 Posts

May 31st, 2013 11:00

Great to hear that you have it working now Sander

David

No Events found!