Our Support Request online option creates an in-warranty repair request for your Dell personal computer if you have run a diagnostic test to identify the issue. You can also monitor the activity that is related to the Support Request and also communicate with Dell Support on the support history page.
Submitting a support request for an in-warranty issue for an eligible Dell personal computer got easier with Service Request Online. Submit a support request on the web and a Dell representative will respond to your request within one business day. You can also save time by running the hardware diagnostics on your Dell personal computer and submit the results within Service Request Online which can help our Dell representatives diagnose the issue quickly. With Service Request Online, monitor all activity that is related to the Service Request and also communicate with Dell on the support history page. For more information, see the How to create a Support Request Online section below.
Create a Service Request or Email is available in select regions and for select Dell products. If this option is unavailable in your region or for your Dell product, choose another option to contact Dell Product Support
How to create a Service Request Online?
- Browse to https://www.dell.com/support/incidents-online/contactus page.
- Identify your Dell product:
- From the drop-down list, select the symptom or component corresponding to the issue.
- Click Create Service Request.
NOTE: Dell recommends that you run SupportAssist diagnostics (if applicable). You may also choose to skip the diagnostics (if available). However, you may be required to run a hardware diagnostic later in order to diagnose the issue and receive further support.
- Enter the details in the following fields of the form and click Submit.
- Operating System - Operating System that is currently installed on your Dell personal computer.
- Issue details - Give a brief description of the issue that you are experiencing on your Dell personal computer.
- Attachment - Attach screenshots or log files that may help our technical support representatives to diagnose the issue.
- Contact Information - Provide your current contact information. This will help Dell representatives follow-up efficiently.
Figure 1: Animated illustration of how to create Support Request online - image in English only
Frequently Asked Questions
Click the sections below for more information. Alternatively, click Show all or Hide all, to expand or close all the sections simultaneously.
The file types that are supported for attachments in Service Request Online are:
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheet
- Microsoft Word document
Maximum file size that is supported is 15 MB.
Dell recommends that you run the hardware diagnostics (where applicable). The diagnostic results will help Dell representatives diagnose issues quickly and help save your time.
You may also choose to skip the diagnostics (if available), however you may be required to run the diagnostic later in order to receive further support.
To review the support history for a Dell personal computer:
- Browse to the Find Support Requests page.
- Click Sign In and sign in to your Dell account.
Alternatively, you can enter the Service Tag of the Dell personal computer and email address that is used to create the service request.
Or, click Detect PC to identify your Dell personal computer and follow the on-screen instructions to install the SupportAssist application. See the Dell knowledgebase article Dell SupportAssist for more information.
- Change the second drop-down menu to Filter by date created.
- The service requests will be listed in the order that they were created.
Out of warranty? No problem. Browse to the Dell.com/support website and enter your Dell Service Tag and view our offers.
NOTE: Offers are only available for US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, China, and Japan personal computer customers. Server and Storage not applicable.