Dell RemoteAssist terms and conditions
The Dell RemoteAssist program gives Dell Support representatives the ability to control your computer for troubleshooting purposes. Using this tool, support representatives can analyze the configuration of your system, view and edit your files and registry, view and comment on your screen. The representative will have full access to your system. Please remain at your system throughout the entire session to monitor all actions taken. Once your session begins, you will always have overriding control by movement of your mouse. You will also be able to discontinue the session at any time by selecting "X" in the upper right-hand corner of session window.
Dell will access, collect and use certain information during your session for limited purposes. For more information, please see the heading "Collection and Use of Data" below.
Downloading the Dell RemoteAssist Software
- Dell RemoteAssist sessions may be monitored or recorded for quality control purposes.
- Dell's representatives may be located outside of the U.S. You agree that you will not export any controlled technology or software during the remote session unless that export is authorized.
- If potentially illegal, suspicious or dangerous activity is discovered during the course of the Dell RemoteAssist session, Dell reserves the right to report it to appropriate agencies, including law enforcement.
To use Dell RemoteAssist, you will need to be guided by a Dell technician.
After the service contact, the Dell RemoteAssist application will automatically uninstall.
Please read the terms with your technician. Click the "I Agree" button if you agree to them.
Protection of your data is a top priority for Dell. If you have been directed to this site to begin a remote session, note that this is the only official Dell site for such access. If the session ID you’ve been given does not work, do not try logging in through any other sites. Hang up and contact Dell Technical Support for further assistance. You may also report suspected phone scams to us at dell.com/reportphonescam.
Functions that your representative may use to assist you.
- The representative will take control of your system to troubleshoot and make the necessary fixes.
- The representative has the ability to modify your system.
- In certain cases the representative is able to view, edit, and exchange file and registry information. You will be prompted to accept or deny each action.
- The representative is able to view and/or change your system configuration for troubleshooting purposes (free space on hard drive, running programs, settings, preferences, etc.).
You will be able to view every function the representative is performing.
Collection and Use of Data
Access, collection and use of data (non-personal information)
While providing this service, Dell will:Collect statistical usage information about Dell RemoteAssist sessions; and collect the following information encrypted in a data log file sent back to Dell:
- Session ID - Random number used to identify each Dell RemoteAssist session session
- Session Log - A log or recording of all actions from the technician will be captured
- Date / Time - Date and time that a session started and ended
- Internet Explorer - Version of Internet Explorer installed
- Service Pack - Version of Windows service pack installed
- Computer Type - Computer model
- Edition - Version of Microsoft Windows installed (XP Pro, XP Home, etc.)
- System devices - System profile information (example: Internet Explorer settings, hard drive free space, running processes)