Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 13th, 2008 12:00

Bluetooth Mouse Pointing Problems

My Blutooth mouse pointing accuracy is way off.  Sometimes it is off by one full line, meaning I have to point to the line above the line I actually want to click on. The degree of inaccuracy varies.  Sometimes it is off by one full line and sometimes I have to place the mouse pointer just above the item to be clicked.   If I am typing a document and want to place the cursor in a certain spot, when I click the mouse, the cursor is placed a few spots over.   

I've downloaded the latest Bluetooth update and also the latest video card update. I have a HP optical mouse plugged in right now and it is working perfectly.  Any ideas?  I tried calling Dell yesterday but hung up after 15 minutes of waiting for somebody to come on the line and help me. 

System
XPS 420
Vista Ultimate
Bluetooth Mouse Keyboard
Radion XT 2600 (I believe this is the correct card...I am typing from a different computer)

Message Edited by clueless_2008 on 01-13-2008 10:08 AM

10 Posts

March 6th, 2008 05:00

If you download and install the latest ATI driver for the 2600 then the problem is solved once and for all (at least in my case) and screen graphics looks better as well.

1 Message

March 6th, 2008 17:00

I had the same problem - to cut a long story very short:--

When I turn off Setpoint the mouse pointer/cursor registration with screen objects is almost exact - at all the screen resolutions I've tried.

Just right click the icon in the sytem tray and click exit.  You will have to do this after each restart unless you remove its reference from the startup list.

Hope this helps.

160 Posts

March 6th, 2008 17:00

IMHO, I don't see why anyone wouldn't just install the new drivers.  Then it works not "almost exact" but "exact."

1 Message

May 16th, 2008 00:00

05/15/08:

I upgraded my bluetooth software/drivers from Broadcom and that seems to have worked.

http://www.broadcom.com/products/bluetooth_update.php

I have a bluetooth BT/XPS M2010 mouse & Keyboard, running Vista Home Premium on my XPS 420

I tried the closing of the Keyboard & Mouse program from the system tray (as suggested here) and that seemed to work for a little bit, but did not solve the problem.

I also tried using a white tablet of paper instead of the black XPS mouse pad (as suggested here).  It seemed to work a little bit, but my mouse cursor still seemed to have a mind of its own.

When my computer goes into sleep mode and I try to revive it, the keyboard and mouse are sometimes not recognized - so I'm thinking its the bluetooth software, not the mouse/keyboard driver.

23 Posts

May 23rd, 2008 20:00

I have had this same problem, when my bluetooth mouse works, but mostly it doesn't work at all.

39 Posts

May 23rd, 2008 20:00

My mouse has a mind of its own too often as well.  It floats around requiring me to anticipate it's trajectory and try to click as it may or may not get near my target.  Ridiculous!

As another poster indicated, selecting "enhance pointer precision" in the Mouse - control panel is at best a temporary improvement, lasting only minutes sometimes.  Certainly never days, as once you shut down, the setting reverts to "unchecked". 

I worked with Dell tech support and installed the new Dell drivers.  No luck.  No improvement.

Though I'm pretty sure my Dell bluetooth mouse is a Logitech device, she told me not to use the Logitech driver package. 

Lately, I've gone back to my old computer's wired mouse, which was lying around.

It's nice for my mouse to actually do what I ask it to, and not have to waste sooo much time waiting for my mouse to try to find it's target.

No Events found!