Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 28th, 2012 18:00

Authentec finger print reader drivers & win 7 x64 upgrade

Hi, I did an upgrade from win vista x32 to win 7 x64 on my Dell Studio 1735.   In order to do that upgrade I did change the HDD to a 1 TB and update from 3GB to 4GB ram.

Now I have on item still not working after that upgrade.    The integrated biometric (fingerprint reader) refuse to work.  Windows 7 x64 did detect that it was an Authentec device, and installed it driver.

But If I installe the software for the reader.  It refuse to install and give this as the reason (No driver installed for the reader)   I've tried to replace the windows driver with the original Authentec drivers, but windows 7 replace the drivers with it's own.

Any windows 7 drivers out there for my Authentec integrated device ?    That one issue that I would love to resolve.

1.8K Posts

November 28th, 2012 18:00

Hi,

Studio 1735 is shipped with Windows Vista and drivers for same are available on support website. You can try installing the driver for fingerprint reader in compatibility mode and see if the issue persists. 

Steps to download drivers:

• Restart your system and click on the link:http://dell.to/U3CRWN 
  • Enter the Service Tag of your system and select the operating system. You will find the Audio driver under “Audio”. 
  • Click on the driver depending on the sound card your system has. (Install the same driver which you uninstalled from “Device Manager”. 
  • Click on “Download File”. 
  • Select “For Single File Download via Browser”. 
  • Click on “Download Now”. 
  • Save the driver on your desktop. 
  • Once the driver is saved on desktop, right click on it -- > Properties --> Compatibility tab --> Select compatibility mode for Windows Vista and check box to “Run as administrator”. 
  • Install the  driver by following the on screen instructions.
  • Check if the issue still persists. 

Please reply with findings.

3 Posts

August 5th, 2013 18:00

I never did get the reader to work with the software that came with the pc or even the upgrade to 5.30.

Even though Device Manager said the drivers were working. But  I did get AuthenTec TrueSuite to work.

2 Posts

January 25th, 2015 18:00

That link you gave above is ***. It looks like some hacker created it to deliver harmful software to computers.

I'll keep begging DELL to support the DigitalPersona hardware THEY installed on my studio 1737.

It would be really nice if DELL would just post a link to the software for 64-bit windows 7 systems.

I had it working perfectly, somehow, before another Western Digital hard drive failure.

I know my original machine came with 32-bit Vista and the included installation CD is for 32-bit DigitalPersona, but that was 6 years ago and most of us DELL customers have been forced to upgrade so much software that we need the latest versions of these things to make them usable.

Please DELL, help your customers out and post a link for the software I need. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 25th, 2015 20:00

GeoStudio,

Here is the complete link to DigitalPersona that Chinmay posted in the above thread.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=R6TNP&osCode=WV64&fileId=2731107034

Rick

3 Posts

January 27th, 2015 18:00

It seems AuthenTec was bought by Apple and they killed the download link.  And don't offer any downloads  for this anymore.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 29th, 2015 13:00

Rod36,

The link worked for me.

Go to Drivers and Downloads enter your service tag, select your operating system. Under Security, there should be a download for the fingerprint reader.

How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Rick

No Events found!